DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Go4 software

Soxer123

Reactions
Been having a problem when I switch my seldom used Mavic Air on and try to link to phone handset. It refuses to do so. Took an hour or so to do so from home last night when prepping for a job done this morning as a favour.

Gets to site and it refused to link again.

DId all the usual troubleshooting - Fail.

Decided to uninstall the software on the phone and try again - Did that, went to Google Play and there is no Go software.

Any ideas there please? Also, is linking drone to handset that common with the Air as I have had this problem before. Talked to DJI waste of time thy wanted me to send it for repair. There's nowt wrong with the drone.

I need get the bugger operational for next Tuesday so any feedback on either question would be appreciated. Keith.

Apps need to be downloaded from the DJI website.

Reactions: dirkclod
Apps need to be downloaded from the DJI website.
That will likely solve your connection problem too.

FYI - you used the word 'link'... to me, Link and Connect are two different things.

Link - same as Bonding the AC to the RC, done when the Drone is new, upon first use.

Connect - what the RC and AC do every time after they're Linked (bound), after you power them up before each flight.

That will likely solve your connection problem too.

FYI - you used the word 'link'... to me, Link and Connect are two different things.

Link - same as Bonding the AC to the RC, done when the Drone is new, upon first use.

Connect - what the RC and AC do every time after they're Linked (bound), after you power them up before each flight.
OK. I can confirm that when I switch both the aircraft and the DJI handset on with my phone connected to the DJi handset, the red becon on the handset stays red. I have downloaded the DJi GO 4 software again from their site. THe fresh install has not helped in any way.

I have gone through the various procedures, scanning the QR code on the side of thw aircraft.

Holding the illumiated button on the rear of the aircraft til it bleeps twice.

All I can say is this lack of cooperation from something designed to do this is frustrating. The drone has not been used in maybe 8 months it's been safely packed away in a custome case.

My confidence in DJi as a product is low. Talking to them on live chat (in the past) shows they have no real knowledge of their products. So, I am hoping someone on here who flies the Air and knows it's pecdillos might be able to help coax the damned thing to cooperate. So help, someone please.

Keith

Is this possibly a cable issue?
I can try this I guess but will have to order new form Amazon. I did give that thought this morning, as I use conventional USB connection from the bottom of the remote handset to my phone. I did think of ordering an micro USB to USB C and trying the connector on the top left to the handset which I stopped using ages back as it seemed flimsy. The cable I am using does work OK as the phone charging cable.

But for the cost is worth a try.

I use conventional USB connection from the bottom of the remote handset to my phone.
Did you remove the cable from the side port? The bottom port won't work if the side cable is in.

If the remote's LED is red when both it and the aircraft are on then you need to link them, see manual. That would be independent of remote-phone connection.

I can confirm that when I switch both the aircraft and the DJI handset on with my phone connected to the DJi handset, the red becon on the handset stays red.
Given that information, if the RC connect light stays red, the problem is between the RC and the AC and has nothing to do with the cable, phone or app... unless, as Kilrah said, there's a cable plugged into the side port

Did you remove the cable from the side port? The bottom port won't work if the side cable is in.

If the remote's LED is red when both it and the aircraft are on then you need to link them, see manual. That would be independent of remote-phone connection.
I don't currently have a cable that pluge into the top left micro USB port. I use traditiona big USB at the bottom to USB C for my Sony phone.

As I no longer have the manual, would this be something I can find on the DJi site do you know? I thought I knew enough about connecting this stuff but maybe I don't.

I'll go looking for thre manual

I don't currently have a cable that pluge into the top left micro USB port. I use traditiona big USB at the bottom to USB C for my Sony phone.

As I no longer have the manual, would this be something I can find on the DJi site do you know? I thought I knew enough about connecting this stuff but maybe I don't.

I'll go looking for thre manual
I reviewed the manual and I have already gone through this procedure of "activating" - Open Go4 - connect to the aircraft wired mode. Press the rear illuminated button on the aircraft til it beeps twice. click the link to aircraft blue button on the phone screen - HAndset beacon flashes red and beep and then proceeds to rime out.

I did that on Wednesday and like I say it connected successfully after a couple of attemps. It doesn ot do so now.

If only there was a complete seset on the aircraft to start again.

OK Guys - SUCCESS

I've just managed to get everything talking to each other. Than you for the guidance given. KEith

OK Guys - SUCCESS

I've just managed to get everything talking to each other. Than you for the guidance given. KEith
Good for you that fixed it, but it would be helpful to others if you share what you did to make it work.

Reactions: Kilrah
Good for you that fixed it, but it would be helpful to others if you share what you did to make it work.
I followed the DJi video on Yoube which was just what I'd done before, but using the Link handset routine in the Go 4 app in the camera view rather than the one you get when you open the software. Still took a couple of goes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO