DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air horrible flight time

Colbymh

Reactions
I had my mavic air for about 9 days, 16 flights later, I took it back because the flight times were pitiful. 15-16 mins max and thats im good conditions. One flight was excessively windy so I only got about 12 before RTH at 20%.

Buying the pro so I can actually fly for awhile.. or, hoping 2.0 gets released.

Reactions: Former Member
I had my mavic air for about 9 days, 16 flights later, I took it back because the flight times were pitiful. 15-16 mins max and thats im good conditions. One flight was excessively windy so I only got about 12 before RTH at 20%.

before you bought it did you read any reviews?

15-16 mins seems about right. I was flying mine last night and landed at 13pct with a flight time of 17 mins.

Of course I'd like the flight time to be a bit longer but for me the portability of the Air is what it's all about.

Get yourself an extra battery!

But just like all those fake car fuel consumption figures, flight times are measured in optimum calm air conditions. Fifteen minutes is the accepted average for the Air. And don't expect any other drone to not vary by the same order of magnitude.

But just like all those fake car fuel consumption figures, flight times are measured in optimum calm air conditions. Fifteen minutes is the accepted average for the Air. And don't expect any other drone to not vary by the same order of magnitude.

No to mention they might fly the battery down to 8% to bloat those flight times. If you land at a safe 25%, decrease their estimates by 25% - 30%.

MPP advertised 30 minutes, really 22.
MP advertised 27 minutes really 19
Hyundai-Kia advertised 30 mpg really 24

Last edited:
My MP seems to fly forever. I have never set a timer to it but its been enough to satisfy my love for flying. I have the fly more combo so I switch batteries if needed. It flies significantly more than my Spark. But even my Spark with 4 batteries seems to be good enough.

before you bought it did you read any reviews?
Not enough apparently. Impressive drone, just not enough battery to keep me up in the air. Ya a 2nd battery is easy but if ur flying w buddies and while they are out dinking around I have to come in to swap, not cool.

When I see 21, I expected close to 21 in good conditions.. when I got 12 in rough wind and constant 15’s in good conditions, thats far off the mark. Plus thats including rth time which isnt really flying time cuz its not enjoyable do as u want time. Its get home now time.

...Buying the pro so I can actually fly for awhile.. or, hoping 2.0 gets released.
If you are buying a Pro you might as well get the Platinum for the increased flight time. As @Thunderdrones mentioned you will not get the time stated in the specs but should get you enough to keep up with your flying buddies. 2.0 is still in the rumor stage and will probably have engineering and production issues to work out.

Reactions: Former Member
I might just do that, from what ive read its just a diff battery that will work in the pro as well but I could be wrong. Flight time about 2 more mins and slightly quieter/diff color are the only real changes.

I realize the small size of the air is good for
Photography but u better make sure u get the pic the first time cuz no time to waste.

I might just do that, from what ive read its just a diff battery that will work in the pro as well ...
The batteries are the same for the MP and MPP (except color) but the motors and drive controls are different and more efficient on the MPP.
...I realize the small size of the air is good for Photography but u better make sure u get the pic the first time cuz no time to waste.
And with the increased flying time on the MP/MPP you also have increased range due to Occusync over WiFi.

only a few years ago, 15mins was a dream. You are living in the golden age now dude

Reactions: mad monkey
Most other "drones" are like 8min batteries, which includes return trip etc.

Plus just like your car you don't run it till she's empty you keep a little in the tank just to be safe

My Mavic air gets 10-14 minutes of on a fully charged battery. I have it set to land at 18%. I have 2 batteries, so I get plenty of practice time. I use the Mavic to practice flying around my house, a Tello to practice precision flying in my house and a Phantom 3 Pro for filming interesting landscapes, it gets about 19-20 minutes, filming a flight across a lake to film some huge rock formations, only to have low battery, return to home initiate doesn’t work. Each copter has its own purpose. Pushing the limits is asking for a crash.

Reactions: Colbymh
The air is more fun to whip around than the mpp but I prefer my mpp given the long flight times. Swapping batteries is fine but its also
Fun to just set sail and take off for a few miles without a quick rth.

15mins is good. I get 9mins when flogging it in sports mode, battery gets **** hot too.

No to mention they might fly the battery down to 8% to bloat those flight times. If you land at a safe 25%, decrease their estimates by 25% - 30%.

MPP advertised 30 minutes, really 22.
MP advertised 27 minutes really 19

With obstacle avoidance and downward sensors switched off the MP's come closer to the advertised flying times is my experience.

Maybe for the Hyundai and Kia as well :)

Reactions: Colbymh
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato