DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air hover drift

Captmzein

Reactions
Hi, My Mavic Air drifted side ways & fwd while flying indoors at night crashing against the wall..... Any clarifications plz..

Hi, My Mavic Air drifted side ways & fwd while flying indoors at night crashing against the wall..... Any clarifications plz..
You need to have sufficient lighting for the sensors to keep the aircraft steady. GPS lock indoors if you have, is not reliable.

Same here, did the update, and took the air out for a quick test. Did this because the new geofence added means I am now just on the very edge of a NFZ. The A/C took off and just started going all over the place. crashed into the side of my house! I did see that this message popped up "exit forward , backward sensing system" and I checked the settings for sensors, and they were all on! It was dark, so will test again in the day, but I am super nervous now, im new to flying the mavic air. had a smaller drone to learn with, now progressed. Any help or advice would be hugely appreciated.

Reactions: charliesRig
Same here, did the update, and took the air out for a quick test. Did this because the new geofence added means I am now just on the very edge of a NFZ. The A/C took off and just started going all over the place. crashed into the side of my house! I did see that this message popped up "exit forward , backward sensing system" and I checked the settings for sensors, and they were all on! It was dark, so will test again in the day, but I am super nervous now, im new to flying the mavic air. had a smaller drone to learn with, now progressed. Any help or advice would be hugely appreciated.

.be mindful of your batteries
Make sure you launch with full batteries and suspect the battery
(If you have more one) if your craft is acting sparaticly...

.....and yes you are not the only one....
Because of the latest "mandatory" firmware update we all now have a smaller window to fly through.....
and nolonger have an option to roll back the firmware to a more stable "earlier firmware version
I'm just hoping my Mavic pro 1 does not turn into a brick
like my Note4 did because of forced firmware updates
.I've noticed like my note4 this latest upgrade use more power to run ("o")

Reactions: penpal
My air does not drift at night, I wait till I have good satellite coverage and home point is set and no drift. Yes the sensors don't work so do fly into anything.

Hola. Mi nombre es Mauricio.
Yo pude solucionar el problema de deriva del drone. El problema, por lo menos en mi caso, era el RC. Lo que hice fue desarmarlo y quitar una cinta que DJI pega sobre los bornes de algún potenciómetro de alguno de los sticks. Hay que sacar el stick que esté causando problemas y verificar si no tiene pegada una cinta. Esa cinta probablemente inducía alguna continuidad entre los bornes del potenciómetro haciendo que funcione mal y cause la deriva. Quiten esa cinta y luego vuelvan a armar el RC. Verán que ya ocurre la deriva.
mauriciocruzdrones.com

Hola. Mi nombre es Mauricio.
Yo pude solucionar el problema de deriva del drone. El problema, por lo menos en mi caso, era el RC. Lo que hice fue desarmarlo y quitar una cinta que DJI pega sobre los bornes de algún potenciómetro de alguno de los sticks. Hay que sacar el stick que esté causando problemas y verificar si no tiene pegada una cinta. Esa cinta probablemente inducía alguna continuidad entre los bornes del potenciómetro haciendo que funcione mal y cause la deriva. Quiten esa cinta y luego vuelvan a armar el RC. Verán que ya ocurre la deriva.
mauriciocruzdrones.com
Gracias

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61