DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air in Colombia flying from Europe

erwol

Reactions
Hello guys,

I'm gonna spend August in Colombia and was thinking about taking my Mavic Air with me. I'll be flying from Spain and arriving to Medellin. My drone was not very well welcomed in the customs when travelling to Morocco and Egypt last summer. So before carrying it with me this time I'd like to hear from someone that attempted this before. Will I be stopped in the customs? Did someone had some troubles with police? I'm aware of the current situation of the country and I plan flying it only in the coast / islands / non populated areas.

Thanks!

Been there done that not a problem, Just remember this is Colombia and you just never know. I think you should be just fine.

Reactions: erwol
Hello guys,

I'm gonna spend August in Colombia and was thinking about taking my Mavic Air with me. I'll be flying from Spain and arriving to Medellin. My drone was not very well welcomed in the customs when travelling to Morocco and Egypt last summer. So before carrying it with me this time I'd like to hear from someone that attempted this before. Will I be stopped in the customs? Did someone had some troubles with police? I'm aware of the current situation of the country and I plan flying it only in the coast / islands / non populated areas.

Thanks!
Hello,
I also go to Colombia in August and I was wondering if I would have any problem to get into the drone and be able to fly. Have you found out something else? Do you think we will have problems?
I am also from Spain.

Hello,
I also go to Colombia in August and I was wondering if I would have any problem to get into the drone and be able to fly. Have you found out something else? Do you think we will have problems?
I am also from Spain.
Here’s a good place to start with contact phone numbers included. There are regulations to be satisfied in Columbia.

Hello,
I am also from Spain.
Hola Cflaque,

Sorry for the late answer. I asked in a few Colombian forums and people told there won't be any problem as long as you're far from crowds, airports, etc, and military bases / equipment. They won't say anything in the airport neither. But take care when taking it to national parks. Apparently some may want to confiscate the drone if you don't get the proper permission before going there, even if you don't fly.

Hi all,
I would like to hear your experiences about bringing your drone to Colombia. I'm going there in a few weeks. I've read the Colombian fly laws and if I understand there won't be a problem and even more there isn't registration required:)

Hello guys,

Thanks!
No problem flew there a couple of years ago no problem just use the same respect when flying at home

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy