DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air in Very Strong Winds - why it's so fast

Ian in London

Reactions
Winter throws a lot of wind at us but the Mavic Air can usually handle high winds fine. With Storm Freya battering much of the UK this weekend I thought it was a good time to remind us Air owners why the Mavic Air handles wind so well and keeps its speed up.
Cheers
Ian

Very well done, and thanks for sharing.
Do you believe that the Air handles wind better the the MV2; or are they equally capable ?
Thanks
Sam

Nice test, but I noticed you didn't put the front legs down. They are also your antennas and at a distance you could more easily lose signal.

Reactions: davemorts
Nice test, but I noticed you didn't put the front legs down. They are also your antennas and at a distance you could more easily lose signal.
Indeed! I've been hauled across the coals already for this by a number of my subscribers ... glad I wasn't doing a range test :D
Cheers, Ian

Very well done, and thanks for sharing.
Do you believe that the Air handles wind better the the MV2; or are they equally capable ?
Thanks
Sam
Yes, I think both the Air and the M2s handle the wind very similarly; both of them switch off their sensors and go into a really steep pitch, unlike the original pro which, in its default settings, limits the pitch to keep the sensors active and in doing so grinds to a halt all too quickly in wind.
As RCDancer says tho, the M2Pro just seems absolutely rock solid when flying.
Ian

M2 is a 4S and has much more power at its disposal to handle the wind. The Air is a 3S with not as much.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
capitalinguists