DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air loosing altitude

Would say it's another hiccup! I'm only about a mile from the atlantic ocean!! If I was that far below sea level I would be flying the drone under water!!!LOL. Again thanks for your help!!!

@LSU1, glad you got out of that unscratched. Is this another hiccup or do you really live in a place -112m below sea level? From the DAT event stream log:

@sar104, I don't think i have seen this before. What is "vgz"?

It's another vertical velocity calculation. In this case it was actually correct, but simply disagreed with IMU(1).

@LSU1, glad you got out of that unscratched. Is this another hiccup or do you really live in a place -112m below sea level? From the DAT event stream log:

That's just the barometric altitude. There was obviously a local high-pressure system that resulted in a negative value - it's a common situation near sea level.

Thanks sar! I would be completely lost and clueless without you. Much appreciated as always!

Reactions: sar104
Wow, any suggestions? And thanks for hanging in there with a newbie!!!!! Much appreciated
Do NOT trust your MM attitude [mine would drop altitude also but not always] now a new issue :rolleyes:
The other day I almost lost my MM as it was saying about 60' and it was more like 20'
I would have crashed it as I temporarily lost sight and was at the beach near water on two sides.

Do NOT trust your MM attitude [mine would drop altitude also but not always] now a new issue :rolleyes:
The other day I almost lost my MM as it was saying about 60' and it was more like 20'
I would have crashed it as I temporarily lost sight and was at the beach near water on two sides.
This hasn't anything to do with a Mini ... the AC in this thread is a Mavic AIR.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Black Wolf