DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Low Noise Propellers?

Does anyone have any info on DJI releasing some new quiet propellers or any other company out there that is working on some quiet ones? I thought I could live with the noise as its just slightly noisier than the mavic pro props but it sounds more annoying though like an angry spark!!! Higher pitch, more noticeable and annoying than the original mavic pro props. I don't know if I can wait a few months like they did with the platinum version.
Master Airscrew 5333 props are quieter and more efficient props for the MA than the original DJI ones (just Google them). These not only bring down the sound volume but also provide an extra minute or two for flight time. I reviewed them on YouTube and now consider them to be must have extras because flight time and noise are the only bad things about the MA.

Reactions: Prismatic
has anyone tried the master airscrew mavic air propellers yet?
I tried the MAS Version 2 black for Mavic air: more than a noise reduction, there is a different type of noise. The manufacturer claims for -3DB reduction, but I have no way to measure if it is true. Anyway personally I do not see such a big difference, but it is a subjective feeling. The increase in flight time is about 8 to 10%, depending on how you fly. What is mandatory is that you have to reduce your gains from 100 to 80, otherwise the model is unstable and vibrating.

Reactions: Butterfly Copper

Not sure I trust those ... I clicked on the 1 Star ratings on amazon and read a few comments under a pair of youtube videos, that some people had a propeller flying off, others mentioned them not being nicely at the same height (wingtips over body checked), that they thinness leads to a less stable flight and thus also less resistance to wind etc. Now there's more positive comments than those few negative ones and I can't tell if it was user handling error etc ... but losing an 800$ drone due to a prop flying off scares me, to be honest.

Does anyone know if the bassier/less noise design requires them to be so thin? Or can we hope for someone making sturdier ones (aka DIJ themselves)?

Not sure I trust those ... I clicked on the 1 Star ratings on amazon and read a few comments under a pair of youtube videos, that some people had a propeller flying off, others mentioned them not being nicely at the same height (wingtips over body checked), that they thinness leads to a less stable flight and thus also less resistance to wind etc. Now there's more positive comments than those few negative ones and I can't tell if it was user handling error etc ... but losing an 800$ drone due to a prop flying off scares me, to be honest.

Does anyone know if the bassier/less noise design requires them to be so thin? Or can we hope for someone making sturdier ones (aka DIJ themselves)?
113 five star reviews vs 8 one star...

Most people here seem happy with them, including myself. I wouldn't count on DJI doing anything to improve the Air at this stage. They've got enough on their plate with the Mini to worry about.

113 five star reviews vs 8 one star...

Most people here seem happy with them, including myself. I wouldn't count on DJI doing anything to improve the Air at this stage. They've got enough on their plate with the Mini to worry about.

Yes, internet reviews have to be taken with a grain of salt. But 6% 1 Star with risk of total loss of drone is, for me personally, a way to high number. If it was just "I didn't like the colors" or "I don't like the sound" etc I'd not care .. but the 1 stars mention instability and total crashes.

I tested the Master Airscrew props and now use them all of the time. They are quieter and give me longer flight times too.
I have not had any problems with them whatsoever.
See for yourself my test here:

Yes, internet reviews have to be taken with a grain of salt. But 6% 1 Star with risk of total loss of drone is, for me personally, a way to high number. If it was just "I didn't like the colors" or "I don't like the sound" etc I'd not care .. but the 1 stars mention instability and total crashes.
I particularly enjoyed the one with the guy who is pissed that they broke when he flew into his house... ?

I agree that internet reviews must be considered carefully. However I think that one of the possible cause of the negative opinion is that the user forgot to reduce the gain from 100 to 80. This is very important, otherwise the model is really unstable in not optimal conditions(wind).
On the other hand there is not a big choice:DJI will never release a different set of propellers for the Mavic Air and the use of a third party propellers can make the warranty void, even if the crash is not caused by the propellers.
But the alternative is to keep the noise and flight time of the original propellers.

Last edited:
I've been going back and forth on getting V2 for a few days. I still can't decide. I generally don't mind the noise of the Air, but I agree with others that its higher pitched than the other Mavics.
I've read that they're less stable in winds than stock props, has anyone else experience that? It's flat and windy where I live.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada