DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air motor check

zackdbassist

Reactions
During startup, when the air does a system check sort of a thing with its props going back and forth for a couple seconds, I noticed a weird thing with the rear left prop. While all others do a back and forth check the rear left prop keeps moving in one direction. Also when powered off, all the motors/props show some resistance when trying to spin with my hand but the rear left motor doesn't.
Is there anything to worry about? Anyone else noticed something like this?

This is literally my first ever drone and I am sorry for asking such questions, it may come across as silly but it worries me.

Yes u are fine. It will actually tell u something is wrong in app if there is an error or a fault with esc or motor

Reactions: zackdbassist
During startup, when the air does a system check sort of a thing with its props going back and forth for a couple seconds, I noticed a weird thing with the rear left prop. While all others do a back and forth check the rear left prop keeps moving in one direction. Also when powered off, all the motors/props show some resistance when trying to spin with my hand but the rear left motor doesn't.
Is there anything to worry about? Anyone else noticed something like this?

This is literally my first ever drone and I am sorry for asking such questions, it may come across as silly but it worries me.

Hi mine does the exact thing and I was concerned as I've only just got it. Has yours given you any problems or needed repair? I would hate for it to fall out the sky.

It's just manufacturing tolerances, I wouldn't worry too much. If they feel 'gritty' (as in making grinding noises) then there's an issue as they have contaminants in them

It's just manufacturing tolerances, I wouldn't worry too much. If they feel 'gritty' (as in making grinding noises) then there's an issue as they have contaminants in them
Ok great. Thanks a lot you have put my mind at ease. So confirm if an issue occurs I will get a pop up warning?

The app will warn you if it detects anything untoward on the drive system yeah. If you do land ASAP and check.

If wife / you have long hair, take the props off and check that there's none wrapped around the drives... believe me it get's everywhere!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrantleyB