DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air "Motor obstructed check props" after applying throttle and disarming at 0.5 meters.

mikegg

Reactions
Hello there! I am trying to fix a clients drone and the client crashed his drone into a tree. The DJI Go 4 app said ESC Status Error. At this time the MA would not even arm. I took the drone apart and tested all the motors. I found one of the motors was twitching and was bad. I brought a new motor and installed it on the front left side. After that the ESC status error went away and I could arm the drone. I could throttle the motors up without the props and the motors would not shutoff. However, when I put the props on and tried to fly the MA armed but when I applied throttle the drone would lift about a half a meter and then disarm. The DJI app would throw a "Motor obstructed check props" error. I tried to arm again and the drone would fly around pretty good no issues. I tried it the next day and I got issues again. I found out that one of the other motors is hotter then the others and the motor that was hot was on the back left side. I swapped the back left motor with back right. When I tried it again the same motor that I swapped on the left was hot on the right. So I think that the client crashed on the left side and damaged both motors. However, it is weird because I tried another time and had a flyaway. Luckily I crashed in the tree and I didn't damage anything. I am wondering do I need to replace that hot motor or the whole ESC board? I feel like the drone wouldn't even fly if the ESC board was bad I don't understand why when I put the props arm the drone disarms but without the props the motors spool up fine. If I could have someone look at this I would greatly appreciate it! I have uploaded the DAT file for the disarm issue and uploaded the flyaway one through phantomhelp.

Attachments

• 2020-06-24_19-37-53_FLY065.DAT
    442.9 KB · Views: 3
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS