DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air Not taking off after crash

Ziopino

Reactions
Hi everybody,
I crashed my mavic air (sunset and the auto landing function did not work, so the drone started flying around and crashed on a nearby wall). Everything seems intact but I had to do a IMU reset and the drone cannot take off anymore. It flies close to the ground, cannot get into the air and it is not possible to control it. Probably a motor issue ?

Hi everybody,
I crashed my mavic air (sunset and the auto landing function did not work, so the drone started flying around and crashed on a nearby wall). Everything seems intact but I had to do a IMU reset and the drone cannot take off anymore. It flies close to the ground, cannot get into the air and it is not possible to control it. Probably a motor issue ?

Sorry about your crash. Any error messages?

It says Gimbal motor overloaded
That means that your gimbal ribbon cable is damaged. Does your gimbal tilt up and down? Are you getting undistorted video?

Gimbal motor overload has nothing to do with why it wont fly. Any pictures of any damage?

Also, please explain what you mean by "It flies close to the ground, cannot get into the air."

Do you happen to have DJI Refresh or any other type of insurance?

Last edited:
That means that your gimbal ribbon cable is damaged. Does your gimbal tilt up and down? Are you getting undistorted video?

Gimbal motor overload has nothing to do with why it wont fly. Any pictures of any damage?

Also, please explain what you mean by "It flies close to the ground, cannot get into the air."

Do you happen to have DJI Refresh or any other type of insurance?
I do not have insurance. It was flying low due to wrong propellers installation. I reinstalled the propellers and It is now flying well, with good video stream. I still get however a gimbal motor overload message (not consistent, but only once in a while). I will contact DIJ support and ask to check it.
Also no visible scratch or damage on the Gimbal nor on the drone...

Yes it does. Now I have an intermittent message on Gimbal motor. Bit the drove flies and records video well... thanks again for the tip

Reactions: InvisibleName
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98