DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Offline Activation?

acdraindrps

Reactions
I have a Mavic Air that I bought for the purpose of modding and tinkering with hardware/software in general. I have no real intentions of using this bird for regular flights (I have a M2P and M2Z for that), I wanted something I could mod without fear of bricking my daily drivers. Modding it as a hobby, so to speak.

I haven't yet activated it, on purpose, because I don't want DJI to hijack it with a firmware update push that I'm stuck with. But I have used DUMLdore to flash 1.00.0500 from DDD, bc when I first connected the bird to my laptop the option for "offline activation" was greyed out in DUMLdore - so I figured maybe it'll be available after I flash the firmware from DDD. Anyhow, I was wrong and the offline activation button is still greyed out, along with a couple others (see pic). My question is, has anyone successfully activated their MA offline, and if so how? If it's not possible, can I activate normally still despite having flashed the firmware from DDD?

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20190921-174328_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190921-174328_Gallery.jpg
    801.2 KB · Views: 18
I have a Mavic Air that I bought for the purpose of modding and tinkering with hardware/software in general. I have no real intentions of using this bird for regular flights (I have a M2P and M2Z for that), I wanted something I could mod without fear of bricking my daily drivers. Modding it as a hobby, so to speak.

I haven't yet activated it, on purpose, because I don't want DJI to hijack it with a firmware update push that I'm stuck with. But I have used DUMLdore to flash 1.00.0500 from DDD, bc when I first connected the bird to my laptop the option for "offline activation" was greyed out in DUMLdore - so I figured maybe it'll be available after I flash the firmware from DDD. Anyhow, I was wrong and the offline activation button is still greyed out, along with a couple others (see pic). My question is, has anyone successfully activated their MA offline, and if so how? If it's not possible, can I activate normally still despite having flashed the firmware from DDD?
Welcome. Hopefully you’ll be able to do what nobody else has as far as modding the Mavic Air. Dumldore doesn’t support offline activation for Mavic Air. You can still activate it even though you updated the firmware I believe.

Also u dont have to update fw when u boot the aircraft up....its not forced just ignore it....i have been ignoring all the fw updates on my mavic 2, yes its annoying seeing the "update firmware" banner but i just ignore it and fly. Also after u activate and log into app ....from that point on u can just put device in airplane mode if u are really worried. This way no phone home dji and u wont see any update fw banners. Then simply fly in airplane mode.

My question is, has anyone successfully activated their MA offline, and if so how? If it's not possible, can I activate normally still despite having flashed the firmware from DDD?

I am willing exactly the same: offline activation. I've sent my Mavic Air to DJI for a repair and got it back a few days ago. The repair was successfully done but it got back with another issue: it keeps failing on the activation (even though it's already been activated when I first bought it). Tried everything (using another phone, Android, DJI assistant, DUMLdore, Mac, Windows, reinstall the app...). It's pretty weird. :confused:

Now I'm waiting for a solution different from those "try to re-download the app" sort of thing by DJI. :mad:

I am willing exactly the same: offline activation. I've sent my Mavic Air to DJI for a repair and got it back a few days ago. The repair was successfully done but it got back with another issue: it keeps failing on the activation (even though it's already been activated when I first bought it). Tried everything (using another phone, Android, DJI assistant, DUMLdore, Mac, Windows, reinstall the app...). It's pretty weird. :confused:

Now I'm waiting for a solution different from those "try to re-download the app" sort of thing by DJI. :mad:

Is it definitely the same device you sent to them - have you verified it's the same serial number? Just out out curiosity, bc I hear it's not uncommon for DJI to send a completely different refurb back to a Care Refresh customer. It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me that you'd be required to reactivate your repaired device you had already previously activated, though I could be wrong. Maybe it's common practice to reactivate after a factory reset is performed by DJI technicians?

Is it definitely the same device you sent to them - have you verified it's the same serial number? Just out out curiosity, bc I hear it's not uncommon for DJI to send a completely different refurb back to a Care Refresh customer. It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me that you'd be required to reactivate your repaired device you had already previously activated, though I could be wrong. Maybe it's common practice to reactivate after a factory reset is performed by DJI technicians?

Yes I have! It’s the same aircraft. I’ve checked the S/N on the purchase receipt. That’s completely nonsense to me, right?! It seems like the app cannot verify the S/N whitin the database. Now I’ve got a reply from DJI saying that I might have to send it back, overseas. (I’m living in Brazil and I gotta send it all the way back to New Zealand, where I first bought it) It sucks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada