DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air or Mavic Pro 1 ?

BlackBird1502

Reactions
Hello racers?
Please will you help me to choose the a drone.
I created YouTube channel and want to make videos about traveling.
Which one would you suggest to buy Mavic Air or Magic Pro 1? (Don’t have enough money for PRO 2)I had P4 before, but it was so difficulty to travel with so I decided to sell it. By the way both Pro and Air I intend to get in Fly More Combo

Last edited:
Ah man, the lingering and STILL unresolved Question Of The Year!!~

That Dire Lamma has bugged us since a month after we got our MA in August.

There is SO MUCH we've yet to master with our Air it seems foolish to simply plunge ahead with the bigger Bird.

Having said that, we continue to dwell on things like DOUBLE fly time (nearly) for the bigger Bird, more stability in Winds of significant strength, etc.

On the other hand, being able to pick up the Air, stuff it in a pocket, and head out is a nearly overwhelming bonus.

Tough decision. Presented with a chance to start over, we simply could not answer your question.

Sorry we can't help seal The Deal.

Rgds, NAVMAV

Reactions: Facherty
The PRO, always start with the Pro..... then when you want to fly something different then get the AIR....

The pro without a doubt.
Coincidentally, I have one for sale
if you are interested, PM me, or reply and I'll send you a link to the listing

Here's the link

Last edited:
Hello racers?
Which one would you suggest to buy Mavic Air or Magic Pro 1? (Don’t have enough money for PRO 2)
I have one of each and recommend the Pro 1 unless the smaller size of the Air is a big plus for you or you are concerned about obstacle avoidance. I've found personally that obstacle avoidance is not as big a deal as I thought. The one time I really needed it (over water) it didn't work. That one is on me.

Hello racers[emoji6]
Which one would you suggest to buy Mavic Air or Magic Pro 1? (Don’t have enough money for PRO 2)
If you are travelling to take photos/videos i would strongly recommend the Air. Mavic pro while still it can shoot decent photos and yes i own both i only use it to fly distance and for fun not really pictures. Also the active track if you use it works better in my opinion on the AIR. So yeah get the Air.

Reactions: naiku
If you are travelling to take photos/videos i would strongly recommend the Air. Mavic pro while still it can shoot decent photos and yes i own both i only use it to fly distance and for fun not really pictures. Also the active track if you use it works better in my opinion on the AIR. So yeah get the Air.

I'm in agreement with this guy, for traveling the Air makes so much more sense. I looked heavily into the two before I purchased the Air, the extra flight time would have been nice for sure, same with distance. But, I've flown the Air out to about a mile and that's plenty far enough, especially if maintaining VLOS, so distance (for me) becomes a moot point. I also like that the camera on the Air is a little better protected, picture quality and video quality is a wash between them. So, I went with the Air for the fact it is so easy to pack and carry. I can fit my Air in the same bag as my DSLR (can only carry one or two lens though) which makes it really cool to just take along.

Of course, I'm wondering how I can save for a Mavic 2 though ??

I'm in agreement with this guy, for traveling the Air makes so much more sense. I looked heavily into the two before I purchased the Air, the extra flight time would have been nice for sure, same with distance. But, I've flown the Air out to about a mile and that's plenty far enough, especially if maintaining VLOS, so distance (for me) becomes a moot point. I also like that the camera on the Air is a little better protected, picture quality and video quality is a wash between them. So, I went with the Air for the fact it is so easy to pack and carry. I can fit my Air in the same bag as my DSLR (can only carry one or two lens though) which makes it really cool to just take along.

Of course, I'm wondering how I can save for a Mavic 2 though ??
What filters did you use? Did you finish the photos in Post and if so, what program did you use?

Each picture was taken on a different day with no filters, and the camera settings on auto.

I’ve never edited photos before, but use the free version of Lightroom mobile. I’d say I genuinely spent less that 60 seconds on each one just tweaking the sky a little.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I have the same question...

I´m gonna buy a M2Pro, just because i live in a windy region like North Patagonia and i need to take pictures for my real state business (farms and big fields), but im considering the Air for outdoor activities like skiing and sailing (big boy toy).
The only concern about the Air is the connection range ...

I never had a drone, and those will be my first ones... ¿Im right with these choices & uses?

The only concern about the Air is the connection range ...

What range do you need from the Air? I have had no issues with range, but a lot of it will depend on where you are flying, what is around you and what sort of range you want it to have?

What range do you need from the Air? I have had no issues with range, but a lot of it will depend on where you are flying, what is around you and what sort of range you want it to have?
Good point. Im getting lost with the different specs, but i will use it in forests and lakes (not interference here).

If you have an Air, ¿could you tell me the real connection range of this model?.

Thanks for replying.

Good point. Im getting lost with the different specs, but i will use it in forests and lakes (not interference here).

If you have an Air, ¿could you tell me the real connection range of this model?

Furthest distance I have flown mine, before I ran into any connection issues was about 5,000 feet. I regularly fly mine around 2,000 feet or so without any connection issues whatsoever, when I flew out to 5,000 feet video dropped but I was still able to see on the map display which direction the Air was facing and turn it around to fly back to me and as it got closer the video came back.

Unless you want to fly further than a mile, I think you'd be happy with the Air, especially in forest / lake type settings.

The pro without a doubt.
Coincidentally, I have one for sale
if you are interested, PM me, or reply and I'll send you a link to the listing

Here's the link
Really interested, but I live in Denmark. Shipping from US will add some tax unfortunately.

I have one of each and recommend the Pro 1 unless the smaller size of the Air is a big plus for you or you are concerned about obstacle avoidance. I've found personally that obstacle avoidance is not as big a deal as I thought. The one time I really needed it (over water) it didn't work. That one is on me.
What about 60mps in pro and 100mps in Air
And slow Mo in 1080p

What about 60mps in pro and 100mps in Air
And slow Mo in 1080p
The mbs is real, though I'm not sure what the value of that is.

The Pro also has slo mo in 1080. I don't recall if it's 96fps, or 120. Many, if not most people simply create slo mo in post production by affecting clip speed.

Depending on what you prefer, the MP battery lasts significantly longer, and the MP is much more stable in windy conditions.

The connection of the Air to the Air RC is poor compared to the MP occusync. I think occusync is a radio signal though I'm not certain. This leads to the range being far greater for the MP. If you fly in a wifi congested area, this difference will matter even more.

I think the ultimate test is what did DJI charge for the two? MP $999 base model, MA $799 (I think), which to me means DJI values the MP more.

When the M2P was released, pilots did not upgrade to the Air.

As you know, I have a MP1 available for sale

Regards

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheungy691