DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air or Mini

wchevron

Reactions
Just bought a Mini fly more combo for Christmas. Liked the small size. Previously had a Phantom 4 but found I didn't use it much. Was too large, cumbersome for what I wanted to use it for.
Was looking for something small I could keep in the car and have handy to use if driving along and decide I want to stop and photo or video something. Was also thinking of keeping on my sailboat this summer to use at anchor.
Have tried the Mini out a couple of times and works for what I want but after reading a bunch of the posts with wind issues with the Mini, I'm wondering if it might be a problem for what I want to use it for
We typically sail in calm weather 5-10 knots although at anchor it can sometimes get higher but typically in that range. Wanted to be able to fly it over the harbors we stay in but now I'm concerned I might be at the max air speed range with the mini, especially since I'm over water the whole trip.
Wondering if the Air would be a better option for my use.

Reactions: Lastrexking
as you say the air would be a better bet as coastal areas can be rather windy,this will unfortunately limit the no of times you can fly the MM you could be better off spending a bit more and get a MPP combo there are some very good deals on them at the moment and you will benefit from occusync and a better drone for the wind

Reactions: Lastrexking
Air, just for the wind resistance. You can fly in stronger winds than the mini.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anchorhavasu