DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air range in Singapore

Woodpecker

Reactions
Hi, just purchased mavic air and my air range is about 200m to 300m before i lose signal. Is this normal in singapore?

Per the Mavic Air specs, the 2.4 GHz range 500 meters and the 5.8 GHz range is 2,000 meters. That of course assumes you're flying in a location that has no Wi-Fi interference.

Click the "Custom" button in the "Wi-Fi Settings" section of DJI GO to manually switch between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz. The lower channel indexes are 2.4 GHz and the higher channel indexes are 5.8 GHz.

DJI-GO-WiFi-Channel-MavicAir.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, just purchased mavic air and my air range is about 200m to 300m before i lose signal. Is this normal in singapore?

My range in Singapore is about 200 to 300 m as well. Anyone can manage 1 km?

Singapore is such a congested city, I think home/office wifi's might be causing some interference. Have you tried in the park or over the ocean/open space?

The furthest I got was about 700m over the Singapore Strait. In Marina Bay, 300m is all you're going to get... way too much interference.

Hello!
We are a group of JC 1 students from Temasek Junior College.
We would like to conduct a survey for the purpose of our Project Work (PW) topic on the use of small drones in Singapore.
We would like to gather information and opinions from drone users in Singapore to integrate them into our written report.
If you are willing to help us, please click on this link: Understanding the use of UAVs in Singapore
We appreciate your response, thank you!

The furthest I got was about 700m over the Singapore Strait. In Marina Bay, 300m is all you're going to get... way too much interference.

Switch to FCC mode, have hit 3.5km over the Strait from the Marina Cruise Centre.

My range in Singapore is about 200 to 300 m as well. Anyone can manage 1 km?
Switch to FCC mode using the hack and it’ll do at least 2km easily.

CE mode gives you really poor range, even on 5.8ghz.

Check out this video where they compare the Air & Pro in Singapore. I believe the air managed around 900m

This was my flight yesterday morning. Hit 2.76km flying from Labrador Park to Sentosa’s Siloso Beach before turning back.

Could have gone further if I had stayed in Sports Mode from the start.

Reactions: rfc
Very cool!
At 10:43, what is th “S” shaped pipe thing to the north of the Shangri La Hotel?

This was my flight yesterday morning. Hit 2.76km flying from Labrador Park to Sentosa’s Siloso Beach before turning back.

Could have gone further if I had stayed in Sports Mode from the start.

how come you can fly so high? i thought singapore limit is 61m? and your signal so strong, which chanel do u select for 5.8g?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett