DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Range Issue.

had another little RTH issue. I pressed the button but nothing happened. the drone was about 390ft up and 100ft away. So I kept trying, even holding down the button. Then it finally RTH. I'm not sure what it was but the first time it happened, it was over a km away, but since the vid feed was still great, I decided to return manually.
Wish I would have been as lucky

I have the same issue, Did you find any solution ?

Been using the FCC mod. Range went up drastically. And got my expectations adjusted when flying the MA. I fly 5.8 ghz in the city and can fly now to upto 1.2 kms regularly.

Yeah the FCC switchover makes a huge difference, in CE mode it used to get 4000ft (so 0.7 miles) away (at 150-200 ft height) now regularly get over 10000ft in open land without any issues.

Yes you loose a few channels of 2.4ghz, but the power output from the devices is increased dramatically and more than compensates.

So any one that has screen freeze / blackouts etc, please try the FCC switchover, you only need an android phone for 5 minutes to do it, surely you can borrow one from someone to do it (can it be done on iOS, not sure?)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190