DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Range Issue.

had another little RTH issue. I pressed the button but nothing happened. the drone was about 390ft up and 100ft away. So I kept trying, even holding down the button. Then it finally RTH. I'm not sure what it was but the first time it happened, it was over a km away, but since the vid feed was still great, I decided to return manually.
Wish I would have been as lucky

I have the same issue, Did you find any solution ?

Been using the FCC mod. Range went up drastically. And got my expectations adjusted when flying the MA. I fly 5.8 ghz in the city and can fly now to upto 1.2 kms regularly.

Yeah the FCC switchover makes a huge difference, in CE mode it used to get 4000ft (so 0.7 miles) away (at 150-200 ft height) now regularly get over 10000ft in open land without any issues.

Yes you loose a few channels of 2.4ghz, but the power output from the devices is increased dramatically and more than compensates.

So any one that has screen freeze / blackouts etc, please try the FCC switchover, you only need an android phone for 5 minutes to do it, surely you can borrow one from someone to do it (can it be done on iOS, not sure?)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure