DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air range issues - DJI replaced under warranty

NickSpender

Reactions
Hello everyone

So I had really bad range issues. Video transmission loss and RTH at 100 to 200ft. I'm in the UK so I'm punished by CE.

I call DJI support, apart from our language barriers their very good. I explained the range issue. We did a firmware update of the drone and factory reset. Due to windows 10 drivers issues we couldn't update the RC. The support guy just said send it in for a replacement as I've had the drone less than 15 days.

After 31 short emails and huge confusion as why I sent the drone in. Flight data was analysed and DJI in fact said they also found a range issue.......I'm getting a new Mavic Air.

Big question is will this resolve my issues. I'm doubtful it will. Next set a set of parabolic range extenders

Just thought I'd like everyone know. Maybe useful to someone in the fact DJI are aware of range issues and do replace under warranty

Nick :)

Hello everyone

So I had really bad range issues. Video transmission loss and RTH at 100 to 200ft. I'm in the UK so I'm punished by CE.

I call DJI support, apart from our language barriers their very good. I explained the range issue. We did a firmware update of the drone and factory reset. Due to windows 10 drivers issues we couldn't update the RC. The support guy just said send it in for a replacement as I've had the drone less than 15 days.

After 31 short emails and huge confusion as why I sent the drone in. Flight data was analysed and DJI in fact said they also found a range issue.......I'm getting a new Mavic Air.

Big question is will this resolve my issues. I'm doubtful it will. Next set a set of parabolic range extenders

Just thought I'd like everyone know. Maybe useful to someone in the fact DJI are aware of range issues and do replace under warranty

i found mine to be glitchy/unreliable with that wifi connection. I decided to sell it for a pro.

Hello everyone

So, ignoring the previous comment, you should be fine. I’m using the the latest MA firmware & Go software (iOS) and she is flying perfectly! I’m in the UK & have applied the FCC work-around - my furthest distance from take-off point has been 1.3km, and could easily have gone further! As always, the problems are shouted about on here, but there are plenty that are enjoying every minute of their Mavic Air!

Last edited:
I had the same problem maintaining a connection with my MA. It would be connected one second and the next second it would drop the connection. It was a very frustrating experience! l called DJI about this problem and they immediately issued me a return shipping label. About a week later I received a new MA which has worked perfectly. It connects easly, stays connected and I am able to get long distant flights without issue. If you are having a connection or distance problem, contact DJI about getting it fixed and save yourself alot of frustration.

Reactions: InvisibleName
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters