DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Remote

chslam

Reactions
Is the signal that the remote puts off pretty weak? When the drone gets a few hundred feet away it seems as if there is a lot of interference and the video to my phone becomes glitchy and sometimes loses signal.

Sadly yes...and it's hit or miss. I've had the same issue you described flying a few hundred feet away. Flying at the same area another day I can go a few thousand feet.

Can I use a Mavic Pro remote with the Air? The remote for the Pro is pretty good but I’m not sure that will work.

I don't think you can. Check your wifi signal and see if you're on the best channel to avoid interference.

If you like the air but hate the weak signal you can always boost your signal then your unit won’t be affected by the abundant WiFi garbage in the air at your launch site . The boosted RC will make a night and day difference as there is so much wifi pollution around residential areas .

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
If you like the air but hate the weak signal you can always boost your signal then your unit won’t be affected by the abundant WiFi garbage in the air at your launch site . The boosted RC will make a night and day difference as there is so much wifi pollution around residential areas .
Yeah that's what I did. The MaXX Mod. Not that I want to fly miles away, but the video quality is so much better.

How do you do that?

Search FCC mod on this forum ;)

Upshot is, if your remote is in CE mode, the range tends to die off around 100 meters or so. Enabling the FCC mode, increases the transmission range and opens up the possibilities to explore further with your drone

I sent my controller to Drone World to be modified. There are some mods you can install yourself as well. View attachment 54829
I already owen a MA and i love it. Only problem is WiFi interference. I've been searching for extenders but my main aim is to improve the quality of the video feed as i dont use it alot for long range. Will this smooth up the video feed over a short distance in city enviroment and hiking trails Thanks for the help

I already owen a MA and i love it. Only problem is WiFi interference. I've been searching for extenders but my main aim is to improve the quality of the video feed as i dont use it alot for long range. Will this smooth up the video feed over a short distance in city enviroment and hiking trails Thanks for the help
It did for me in the city environment. I have yet to test the new setup while hiking or in a heavily wooded area.

It did for me in the city environment. I have yet to test the new setup while hiking or in a heavily wooded area.
Thank you for the feedback.much appreciated. I went a different route after searching up a bit. I order the titan control 2.4ghz and they where giving the 5.8ghz with it as a deal. I have had read good reviews on them. Will be sharing my experience once i mod the RC. Thanke again.

Reactions: 大疆御Air
Do the CE to FCC hack. That should solve the range problem easily. I was also kind of upset with the range when I bought the MA as it was on CE mode. I did the small hack later and I was blown away by the performance. Zero connectivity issues after that. Do it now :)

Check

Do the CE to FCC hack. That should solve the range problem easily. I was also kind of upset with the range when I bought the MA as it was on CE mode. I did the small hack later and I was blown away by the performance. Zero connectivity issues after that. Do it now :)

Check

Do you know how to do this for IOS?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karajovic