DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air revealed?

I really hope the 4K60P video of the Mavic Air doesn’t work out to be as good quality as the Mavic Pro....

What a let down!:( Should have named it the "Spark Air"! It has a 3 axis gimbal and can shoot in 4K / 60,but it dosen't look anything like a Mavic Pro except it has 4 arms,and they fold up!:rolleyes: Also it's supposed to have a flight time of 20 minutes, so that means 17-18 in the real world. It also is supposed to have rear sensors! The Spark guy's will be thrilled,but that's about it.

If that is it , yes it does look like a Spark and that design never caught on to me, we shall see tomorrow

Reactions: Ron_Dog
It won't. If 32mp is mentioned it will be a merging of images to make a 32mp image or some other marketing trick.

People get fixated on mp but that means nothing if you don't have the lens to go with it which of course this will not.
Lens ? Yes u do . But u right 32mp may b just a jpg panorama .to b fair I expect better iso with new processor

Lens ? Yes u do . But u right 32mp may b just a jpg panorama .to b fair I expect better iso with new processor

LOL yes of course you get a lens just not a very good one. You think the Canon 5D Mark IV is only a 30mp and you put some decent glass on that. My D850 is 45.7mp and to get the most out of that you need some decent glass (lens) most if not all cost more than the mavic for lens alone. There's more to a camera than the mp you need the package and also when you start pushing the mp you start pushing the usable conditions.

Reactions: strademarkworld
LOL yes of course you get a lens just not a very good one. You think the Canon 5D Mark IV is only a 30mp and you put some decent glass on that. My D850 is 45.7mp and to get the most out of that you need some decent glass (lens) most if not all cost more than the mavic for lens alone. There's more to a camera than the mp you need the package and also when you start pushing the mp you start pushing the usable conditions.[/QUOTWell I do have a 5dm3 and 4 lenses . One is a 85mm 1.4 but again no is not a reference as u mentioned . Absolutely right . But lens is related with sharpness and then perceptual mp(sharpness ) . Many photographers would argue that performance ( started by dxo) but again , there are ways around to get better sharpness even with small sensors ( stack means for instances) . But yes I right about mp

LOL yes of course you get a lens just not a very good one. You think the Canon 5D Mark IV is only a 30mp and you put some decent glass on that. My D850 is 45.7mp and to get the most out of that you need some decent glass (lens) most if not all cost more than the mavic for lens alone. There's more to a camera than the mp you need the package and also when you start pushing the mp you start pushing the usable conditions.
Just to extrapolate my idea of how they could get the 36mp : better processor could take 25 photos of the same subject ( reducing iso to 50 instead of minimum of 100) then shift the sensor ( no panorama ) then blow up the image ) it is possible with small sensors but would work just with static images .

Just to extrapolate my idea of how they could get the 36mp : better processor could take 25 photos of the same subject ( reducing iso to 50 instead of minimum of 100) then shift the sensor ( no panorama ) then blow up the image ) it is possible with small sensors but would work just with static images .

You're talking about pixel shift? Not sure why you've chosen 25 photos though as an example, pixel shift generally shifts 1 pixel so average is 3-4. Either way that technology does not give you a true increase in MP just means you get extra detail.

You're talking about pixel shift? Not sure why you've chosen 25 photos though as an example, pixel shift generally shifts 1 pixel so average is 3-4. Either way that technology does not give you a true increase in MP just means you get extra detail.
No I said first stack image (20 is the minimal to achieve iso 50 with crop sensors ) and then shift pixel . Combining the two process to get sharp image and blow up after with no loss of resolution:)

No I said first stack image (20 is the minimal to achieve iso 50 with crop sensors ) and then shift pixel . Combining the two process to get sharp image and blow up after with no loss of resolution:)

And as I said no 32mp camera. Same thing sugar-coated.

What a disappointment... ohh well :(

Reactions: strademarkworld
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure