DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air solid red status led no connection

brunosardao

Reactions
Hello there, bought a second hand mavic air, it was stated that it hadn't had any crashes and was working good until it developed the IMU error, at the beginning it seemed an easy fix, I got the drone, was able to connect it right from the beginning, and even made a 14 min flight, next day I tried to connect it again but it just won't connect. I opened the drone, and everything looks ok but the humidity stickers are red, so there was some kind of humidity or water inside. What it does now is that when I turn it on it does the usual start up with all the Leds ok, it starts blinking yellow, but when the button is pressed there are no beeps, so I can't connect the RC or the phone, the only thing that works is the double tap that does nothing, so can't get WiFi from the drone, another thing is the fan, it won't work when I turn the drone on, after a few minutes blinking yellow the led turns to solid red, the drone gets hot, and a few minutes later the fan starts to spin at full speed, the led turns blinking yellow again and the fan slows down a bit and stays like that, still no response from the button. If I reboot, it's always the same process, no connection.
On the DJi assistant I can always see the drone, can do factory reset and reinstall the latest firmware, was trying to do a downgrade but can't seem to get it done.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Have you tried both methods of binding the RC to the AC, where in the process does it break down ?

Reactions: DougMcC
The part were I can't proceed is when you have to press/hold the the status button so it has to beep once or twice according to the connection method you want, the drone just doesn't beep. I had it pressed almost one minute and nothing.

The part were I can't proceed is when you have to press/hold the the status button so it has to beep once or twice according to the connection method you want, the drone just doesn't beep. I had it pressed almost one minute and nothing.

Have you tried refreshing the firmware of the remote controller as well ?

Yes, I have downgraded to a previous version but then I can't connect the rc to the phone, updated again to the latest version but it's the same, I think the remote is fine, I was wondering if I downgraded the AC firmware if it could do any difference but the problem is that I can't downgrade, I can only do a refresh of the AC firmware to the latest version.

Yes, I have downgraded to a previous version but then I can't connect the rc to the phone, updated again to the latest version but it's the same, I think the remote is fine, I was wondering if I downgraded the AC firmware if it could do any difference but the problem is that I can't downgrade, I can only do a refresh of the AC firmware to the latest version.

Have you tried removing the SD card and trying to re-link again.

I have made some testes by trying to disconnect some of the sensors, like the front and back sensors, and also the IMU to see if I could at least connect it to the RC, but still won't connect, the only difference that I had was the status led started blinking green yellow and red in a loop without the IMU connected. But still no beeps when the button is pressed and hold.

I have made some testes by trying to disconnect some of the sensors, like the front and back sensors, and also the IMU to see if I could at least connect it to the RC, but still won't connect, the only difference that I had was the status led started blinking green yellow and red in a loop without the IMU connected. But still no beeps when the button is pressed and hold.

Sounds like your problem started after you fixed the IMU error, what did you do to fix the error ?
When you opened is was there any visible signs of corrosion ?

Last edited:
The IMU error after I got the drone I just tried to connect the drone and it just worked, and I was able to do a 14 min flight without any problems. And even the IMU wasn't reporting any error. After that started all the problems and I opened the drone, there was only a small amount of corrosion on the heatsink were the screw's attach, other than that no signs of corrosion, all connectors look ok. I already cleaned the motherboard on isopropyl alcohol, and still nothing. The pictures are from before cleaning.

Attachments

• IMG_20210119_215029.jpg
    IMG_20210119_215029.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20210119_215021.jpg
    IMG_20210119_215021.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20210119_215009.jpg
    IMG_20210119_215009.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20210119_215004.jpg
    IMG_20210119_215004.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20210119_215000.jpg
    IMG_20210119_215000.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20210119_214957.jpg
    IMG_20210119_214957.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20210119_214952.jpg
    IMG_20210119_214952.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20210119_214940.jpg
    IMG_20210119_214940.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20210119_214926.jpg
    IMG_20210119_214926.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20210119_214937.jpg
    IMG_20210119_214937.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
The IMU error after I got the drone I just tried to connect the drone and it just worked, and I was able to do a 14 min flight without any problems. And even the IMU wasn't reporting any error. After that started all the problems and I opened the drone, there was only a small amount of corrosion on the heatsink were the screw's attach, other than that no signs of corrosion, all connectors look ok. I already cleaned the motherboard on isopropyl alcohol, and still nothing. The pictures are from before cleaning.

The boards look super clean, have you checked the button ribbon cable connector is it pressed in correctly, is it damaged in any way ?

1611315260679.png

Last edited:
hello, so i got anoter mavic air, was boght has water damaged, i have cleaned it very well and was able to swap the core board from my maine unite, the water demaged core board works, the fan spins normaly now, and i can now pair the drone withe the phone or remote.

Now im having 2 errors, one is the camera error witch i think isan easy fix, if i replace the gimbal sensor with the one that came paired to the core board, because a i can get image from it.
Another problem, and i think it may be a big problem is a battery error, thats showing no signal from battery, i think i may have a falty connector, the one that comes from the power board, i think it may have damaged the conection on the core board. will post some pictures her asap, does any one no the exact connetor to use on the board? I know its a FPC 30 pins connector...

hello again, finaly got it working, picked up the original core board again, and i used the heat gun to give it a bit o heat to some areas, turned out that after that i assembled it back againd and the fan started to spin and the stattus led/button was working again, so now i can connect again to the rc, don´t know if this will be a permanent fix, but will keep updated if it fails again.

Reactions: Thomas B
hello again, finaly got it working, picked up the original core board again, and i used the heat gun to give it a bit o heat to some areas, turned out that after that i assembled it back againd and the fan started to spin and the stattus led/button was working again, so now i can connect again to the rc, don´t know if this will be a permanent fix, but will keep updated if it fails again.
Glad you got it fixed, must have been corrosion or a broken solder link

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS