DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air survived a tree crash

ss304

Reactions
I have had my mavic air for 2 years now and probably have about 200 flights on it. I got a bit careless and managed to fly it into a limb on a tree which pulled the drone further into the tree and it got stuck about 40 feet up. I managed to tape two 24ft telescoping poles together and was able to push the drone out of the tree. It fell and hit the ground and other than a bent propeller there is nothing loose or broken on the drone! I was able to swap the propellers and battery out and fly it immediately without issue. I was considering selling this to upgrade to the MA2 but if I do upgrade I won't ever sell this drone. It is a tank!

I had a similar experience with my Mavic Air. I flew into the top of a tree (also about 40' tall) in sport mode and the drone was knocked out of the sky and tumbled to the ground. I replaced the prop and continued to fly. However this convinced me to upgrade my tablet as the one I was using at the time was slow and had too much lag.

I also had a crash last autumn because of the tree branches in the wind. My Air fell down and broke back right motor arm. I had to buy the arm and replace it. Now my birdy flies as good as before!
I'm lucky that the electronics and camera were not broken!

Attachments

• 2020-10-10 11-31-06.JPG
    2020-10-10 11-31-06.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: NOLADG
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member