DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic air upgrade tease

come to find out, the playback of flight record in djigo4 phone apk DOES NOT display enhanced wifi arched bars shown DURING flight. neither does playback replay the severage, NOT AT ALL. so signal lost, the flight record CLEVERLY redacts such warns? i get to see it in flight, but can not replay it. but possibly asst2 offload might reveal corresponding disconnects? i recall both devices could be offloaded of logs either to shenzen or hdd windows platform. incidently my homescreen flight records djigo4 has dual flags. but for previous mavic air costco drones, the flag is not dual citizenship. maybe that is the close radius signal lost reason.
.... and you just lost me. I was fine till now but I can't make head or tails out of this one.

doppler, we're tryin to figure out close radius disconnects consistently.
it may be because of CE regardless its honolulu.
i dont have devices (2nd rma) right now, only records.
brett is confident honolulu defaults automatically.
but without both devices i cant verify eleven selectable channels.
thats why i am combing logs to check of any info which pins higher broadcast reach.

My question was more on what mode the remote controller will choose in the absence of any GPS data from either phone or aircraft to determine its location. Will it default to last known location?
I can look into it because I don’t know off hand. In the early days there was a trick where you could go into a basement turn on the fake location app and then open DJI GO and turn on the drone to make it go into FCC mode and then never allow DJI Go 4 to have internet ever again but thankfully we’ve come a long way from that.

Here is a link to a pre-made DJI Go 4 boost app which automatically puts the drone into FCC boost which is something on the order of 15 times more power(about 3x range) over CE. And close to triple the power of FCC(almost double range)

It installs right off for Android. iOS users we have to get a little more cleaver but this is works for Android well. I use iOS mainly but I do have this on my Android tablet so I know it works. There are lots of threads on this but my expertise is on the iOS side so I’d have to defer to someone who knows more about Android. This is the thread where this app came from Rooting Mavic Pro in Latest firmware with Force FCC and Boost and No NFZ - RC Groups

This is the dji_retroroms page that walks through how to make your own if you want to

In the wifi channel bar graph selection screen of djigo4 apk, i have viewed pinnacle heights (supposedly automatically selected). later, i do not. so does this indicate honolulu system status has changed? equivalently greater honolulu broadcast stormings? or, the absence of STRONG pinnacle bar graph height actually means rc weakening broadcasting?
even greater confusion is added by the strong wifi presence arched bars at the satellite indicator screen top, and, this occurs in conjunction with signal lost. it does not fit, not make any sense.

In the wifi channel bar graph selection screen of djigo4 apk, i have viewed pinnacle heights (supposedly automatically selected). later, i do not. so does this indicate honolulu system status has changed? equivalently greater honolulu broadcast stormings? or, the absence of STRONG pinnacle bar graph height actually means rc weakening broadcasting?
even greater confusion is added by the strong wifi presence arched bars at the satellite indicator screen top, and, this occurs in conjunction with signal lost. it does not fit, not make any sense.

It’s difficult to diagnose the cause of interference especially with the Mavic Air which uses wi fi because metal can reflect wi-fi signal which in some cases can help with signal strength but other times prevent it. Try the boost app I have attached above.

The next step after that would be to install an amplifier to to the remote which are pretty cheap. There are others on this forum with much more knowledge of that than I do and some of them have set ups that probably could fly a Mavic on the moon (if only it had an atmosphere lol)

the gigahertz is still safe amplified, in reference to irradiation to biological man?
if same as any transmission device, no problem.
I'm only asking because transmitters can fry if close up (recall: "there are men working in the sail, do not radiate, rotate, elevate")

Last edited:
the gigahertz is still safe amplified, in reference to irradiation to biological man?

LoL hewo, you really have a unique way of putting things down :D. I am sure there must be a radiologist somewhere in here; I am sure of it. This place has experts from all walks of life.

The higher the lines in DJI Go 4 the WORSE the signal. More interference. 72149
You can see I have chosen channel 165 because it is the furthest from the channels that are bad (big bars in red).

Possibly the reason you experience sing along loss at a certain distance is because it is switching from 5.8Ghz to 2.4Ghz. 2.4Ghz is a longer wavelength and so it travels further and can penetrate solid objects better. 5.8 GHz is good so close proximity because it is less used by other products and services around you and because it has a shorter wavelength so it can carry more information at a higher rate then 2.4 GHz. This also means that 5.8 GHz wave can only travel a short distance before it gets jumbled up.

5.8Ghz=good close range

2.5GHz=good distance range

Well thats a conning tower radiating device prevent onto biological man performing ship alteration.

brett, i do know RED pinnacles are bad. i merely forgot to inform the GOOD pinnacle is autoselected. nevertheless, i viewed it, so it was measured. what is mysterious, why isnt it again present, same flight place. does it fluctuate accordingly because of metropolis broadcasting backgrounds? Meaning, as ambient powerlevel of broadcasting escalates, that lucrative pinnacle subsides into dwarfed?

if same as any transmission device, no problem.
I'm only asking because transmitters can fry if close up (recall: "there are men working in the sail, do not radiate, rotate, elevate")
They are just radio waves. If they were harmful we’d all be dead already.

brett, i do know RED pinnacles are bad. i merely forgot to inform the GOOD pinnacle is autoselected. nevertheless, i viewed it, so it was measured. what is mysterious, why isnt it again present, same flight place. does it fluctuate accordingly because of metropolis broadcasting backgrounds? Meaning, as ambient powerlevel of broadcasting escalates, that lucrative pinnacle subsides into dwarfed?

Yes and no pinnacle is even better than a green pinnacle. There are millions of reasons it changes.

wow, wifi interference predictability, a condition not to expect at all. gee, you'd think the advertisement would wary you of such risk beyond your dynamic control (dont fly if you anticipate on the fly interruptions)

They are just radio waves. If they were harmful we’d all be dead already.
nobody knew lowlevel ionizing irradiation will destroy delicate biological exchange interfacials (marrow to bone, atmosphere to blood, and food to blood)

wow, wifi interference predictability, a condition not to expect at all. gee, you'd think the advertisement would wary you of such risk beyond your dynamic control (dont fly if you anticipate on the fly interruptions)

That’s why there’s RTH failsafe lol.

nobody knew lowlevel ionizing irradiation will destroy delicate biological exchange interfacials (marrow to bone, atmosphere to blood, and food to blood)

You can get a directional antenna that will help with signal quality and also focus the radio waves in a direction away from you.

This is a good one and relatively inexpensive RaptorSR for DJI Mavic Air drone
563C1613-A314-410C-A72A-BAE1B833E44C.jpeg
The regular antenna sends signal in every direction, even though the Mavic is in only one direction at a time. So much wasted WiFi ?. But with a directional antenna you focus the wi-fi in only the direction of the mavic so better signal, less WiFi wasted, and no worries about your biological tissues:cool:

You can get a directional antenna that will help with signal quality and also focus the radio waves in a direction away from you.

This is a good one and relatively inexpensive RaptorSR for DJI Mavic Air drone
View attachment 72174
The regular antenna sends signal in every direction, even though the Mavic is in only one direction at a time. So much wasted WiFi ?. But with a directional antenna you focus the wi-fi in only the direction of the mavic so better signal, less WiFi wasted, and no worries about your biological tissues:cool:
View attachment 72175
okay, will pursue, intensification focalize, contingent with human aiming assist by screen connectivity bars indicated (there may be better indications achieving proper aiming out of sight)

I can look into it because I don’t know off hand. In the early days there was a trick where you could go into a basement turn on the fake location app and then open DJI GO and turn on the drone to make it go into FCC mode and then never allow DJI Go 4 to have internet ever again but thankfully we’ve come a long way from that.

Here is a link to a pre-made DJI Go 4 boost app which automatically puts the drone into FCC boost which is something on the order of 15 times more power(about 3x range) over CE. And close to triple the power of FCC(almost double range)

It installs right off for Android. iOS users we have to get a little more cleaver but this is works for Android well. I use iOS mainly but I do have this on my Android tablet so I know it works. There are lots of threads on this but my expertise is on the iOS side so I’d have to defer to someone who knows more about Android. This is the thread where this app came from Rooting Mavic Pro in Latest firmware with Force FCC and Boost and No NFZ - RC Groups

This is the dji_retroroms page that walks through how to make your own if you want to
I installed this but not seeing my MA. Is there something else I need to do? Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredFulf