DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air (very chattery in flight)

Reactions
Hi all, I have a Mavic Air. Every time I fly it I’m looking at my phone screen and the video isn’t smooth, it’s chattery. Was wondering what might cause this?
Also, is it normal to have to recalibrate every time I fly it? I’ve tried all diff locations and every time I have to recalibrate.
Thanks in advance
Karl

Hi all, I have a Mavic Air. Every time I fly it I’m looking at my phone screen and the video isn’t smooth, it’s chattery. Was wondering what might cause this?...
It depends on what you mean by "chattery". I have heard it termed jittery or jerky and because you state it is not smooth I guess it is like the MP, where your shutter speed is too fast and ND filters are needed to slow it down.

Hi all, I have a Mavic Air. Every time I fly it I’m looking at my phone screen and the video isn’t smooth, it’s chattery. Was wondering what might cause this?
Also, is it normal to have to recalibrate every time I fly it? I’ve tried all diff locations and every time I have to recalibrate.
Thanks in advance
Karl
Sounds like you have bad interference. Is the video off the SD card the same?

No you shouldn't have to recalibrate every time.

Thanks in advance
Karl
Put the MA in a hover at head height, and have a close look at the camera gimbal assembly to see if the 'chattering' you refer to is being caused by mechanical movement?
Also - can you describe what you mean by "chattery"??
If you are referring to 're-calibration of the compass' I know that's not at all normal for a Mavic Pro - but I've not owned an Air.
Let us know the answers to the above, and it may be easier to help ...

The chattery I mean is when I’m looking at my phone the video is chattery or glitchy or whatever you wanna call it. It’s not smooth. It’s like kinda like what a strobe light does. I’ve tried it in so many locations and same thing.
Also I always have to calibrate it every single time I fly it. all diff locations as well.
I cannot get smooth video through it so I’ve just been taking still shots. I gave up on the video.
I did get the insurance program where I think I pay $69 and they send me a new one. Should I just do that?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

If you can't see any physical vibration of the Mavic Air being transmitted through to the camera - then there are a couple of things it might be.
First - Check that the cable that connects your phone to the controller is not faulty by using a different USB cable from the USB-A connector in the base of the controller. The charging cable for your phone should be OK for this. Remember to remove the cable from the side port on the phone though, as if you use the USB-A on the underside, you need the standard micro-USB link cable removed from the controller.
Second is your phone ... What make and model is it???? If it's an older phone, it may not have the capability needed to run Go 4 for your MA???

The chattery I mean is when I’m looking at my phone the video is chattery or glitchy or whatever you wanna call it. It’s not smooth. It’s like kinda like what a strobe light does...
What is your shutter speed?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31