DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Video Question

bmoore1118

Reactions
I am starting to shoot video with my air and have a couple of questions. I am big into photography so I have all the fancy photo editing software. I would like to just have some fun with video and not make money. I know final cut is the best of the best but i am seeing if there is a good free option or a very low cost option to do simple video edits. ALso I see there are many options in the style area of the settings. If i edit video i will not be doing a ton of color editing. Anything will help

I am starting to shoot video with my air and have a couple of questions. I am big into photography so I have all the fancy photo editing software. I would like to just have some fun with video and not make money. I know final cut is the best of the best but i am seeing if there is a good free option or a very low cost option to do simple video edits. ALso I see there are many options in the style area of the settings. If i edit video i will not be doing a ton of color editing. Anything will help
iMovie!!! It’s a lite version of Final Cut Pro but still very capable! It’s literally the same software with fewer options but the “guts” are identical. Perfect to start out with and if you ever decide to get Final Cut Pro you won’t have to relearn everything because most of the functions are identical.

iMovie!!! It’s a lite version of Final Cut Pro but still very capable! It’s literally the same software with fewer options but the “guts” are identical. Perfect to start out with and if you ever decide to get Final Cut Pro you won’t have to relearn everything because most of the functions are identical.

I would love to use it but i am Windows and android :(

Davinci Resolve 15 it professional grade software. It is free, but similar to other advanced editing software there is a steep learning curve.

I would love to use it but i am Windows and android :(
Oh. Well Final Cut Pro isn’t an option for you either then.

Devinci Resolve 15 by Blackmagic is gonna be the best free video editor for Windows, however, likely doesn’t meet your “simple” editor requirement.

I don’t have any experience with any simple free editors for Windows so I will defer to others on the forum. In the mean time download Devinci Resolve 15, if you can figure it out you’ll have an editor with lots of room to grow into.

Having experience editing video I can tell you there’s a lot to be said about learning one program really well because the way functions work in one program likely are totally different in another. So if you outgrow a simple editor you are gonna have to learn the basics all over again in a more advanced editor. You are better off biting the bullet and learn the more advanced one from the begining though it will take some patience and willingness to learn to get started.

Get DaVinci and watch YouTube tutorials.

I would also say DaVinci Resolve 15. Its quite versatile, equally good for beginners or professionals, but does require quite a bit of effort on learning how to use it effectively. Plenty of tutorials on YouTube for all the help you might need.

I am new to video editing as well but found DaVinci Resole easy to use, at least for color grading. Not much of a learning curve as everyone keeps saying. I found it to be quite intuitive. My computer, however, hates the program and has a seizure every time I run it (i5 with 4GB RAM - i know I should be grateful it even launches it)

Hey man. Try ACDsee video. I just bought it based on a friends reco. If you get the other photo editing package they throw in the video for free.

Davinci is great, but you need some serious computer power. A good alternative is open shot, it's cross platform, runs on windows linux and mac.

Davinci Resolve 15 it professional grade software. It is free, but similar to other advanced editing software there is a steep learning curve.
I downloaded this yesterday and kept getting weird error messages could get it ot work so uninstalled it:(

I downloaded this yesterday and kept getting weird error messages could get it ot work so uninstalled it:(

That's too bad. Make sure you installed it from Black Magic (the official website). Also...I hear version 16 is just around the corner.

It is a resource heavy program....so...it certainly isn't for everyone...but if you search for threads regarding favorite editing software...it ranks up there... Obviously your mileage may vary...

I've started using Power Director on my Android smartphone and to be honest, if a beginner like me can get to grips with it, anyone can.
Its available for free to try and only £30~ a year for the full version if you do like it.
Maybe isn't as flash as some but its perfect for me.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69