DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air vs. Fence... crash

Shon

Reactions
First drone crash over the weekend.

Attempted to hand launch in a very confined location. Done rolled 90 degrees into a fence as motors shut down. After I inspected it for damage, I put it up in the air again without incident.

No visible damage to the drone. Some minor scuff marks on two props. I will likely replace them just to be extra cautious, and be thankful this is only a $20 dollar mistake and not more.

While I haven’t analyzed the crash, I’m putting this one down to user error. What I suspect happened, is that I lowered my hand before the props were fully spun up, causing the roll and the crash.

Don’t be like me kids! :)

Similar thing happened to me. Close quarters on the deck and a 10 sec landing warning put me on edge. Couldn’t get it maneuvered to the pad quick enough so I reached out for it to miss the imminent railing landing. It avoided me, even though low light conditions warned avoidance sensors were non-functional. Determined to not have a crash I took the hit. Those blades are sharp! Thank goodness I didn’t bleed on the deck rug...wife would have finished me off.

Reactions: Shon
Someone is watching out for you guys. Remember, fingers are kinda expensive if you have to buy one. May not be worth the risk.

Reactions: Shon and Skywalker
I had not considered the power. My wife said afterwords l was lucky to only penetrate a couple finger nails. I could have been nubbed.

Let that be a lesson for you kids... ;).

Young AND old kids.

Reactions: Shon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki