DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air way points work

Mavic air way points work with Autopilot beta. Just created 3 way points And it flew fine. April 13, 2018
Great news, what version number is the beta? I signed up but haven't been given access to the beta yet :(

Mavic air way points work with Autopilot beta. Just created 3 way points And it flew fine. April 13, 2018
I use an Android tablet when I fly but would consider buying an Apple Mac device just to get waypoints.

Can anyone suggest the cheapest way to do this? Because I'd only be using the device for flying.

Reactions: Wingo
Litchi will support waypoints soon and is better. The alternative is a 2nd hand ipad mini 2

Larry, Post a video of this if you please. No video, then it didn't happen.:p

Larry, Post a video of this if you please. No video, then it didn't happen.:p
Sorry I did not create a video. (I just did a quick test and it worked)
What would I benefit in making this up.
I'm waiting for Litchi to release there app. (much better)

From the changelog

Changelog Autopilot

Version 4.6 Join the Beta
  • Hardware Support
    • Added support for the Mavic Air
  • Miscellaneous
    • Corrected an issue causing invalid compass abnormal warnings

Just completed a 5 point waypoint mission and Autopilot worked flawlessly.
Personally I like Autopilot a lot. It has a greater learning curve than Litchi but I wouldn’t say it’s either worse or better, just different.

Just completed a 5 point waypoint mission and Autopilot worked flawlessly.
Personally I like Autopilot a lot. It has a greater learning curve than Litchi but I wouldn’t say it’s either worse or better, just different.

I agree Autopilot is harder to use, but works very well. Litchi has a easier interface for setting waypoints.

Thanks Larry for the update. I love autopilo,t and didn't realize they were beta testing 4.6 can't wait to have the ability to fly the air with it. I have enjoyed my Phantom and Mavic pro using auto pilot. But seriously, post a video if you get a chance to, I'd love to see the air go zooming off to the first waypoint!

Reactions: Larry Gibson
Just got the beta, man this looks complicated from the videos! Hopefully have a waypoint mission designed by the end of the week ;)

Well it didn't take as long as I thought, flew my 1st mission in AP. It didn't track particularly smoothly, so I guess there is a little fine tuning to do my end. Loved watching it auto fly itself though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d