DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air wifi channel settings

daramwhat

Reactions
Hello everyone! This is Dara from Nigeria.
My issue is that only 2.4ghz is been displayed (that is from 1-10) on the wifi channel settings on my MA, I couldn't access 5.8ghz at all. Does anybody know why that is and how to solve the problem?..

Hello everyone! This is Dara from Nigeria.
My issue is that only 2.4ghz is been displayed (that is from 1-10) on the wifi channel settings on my MA, I couldn't access 5.8ghz at all. Does anybody know why that is and how to solve the problem?..

I’m also in Nigeria (Lagos) curious to know what sort of distance you are getting in 2.4, and where you fly. Cheers

I’m also in Nigeria (Lagos) curious to know what sort of distance you are getting in 2.4, and where you fly. Cheers
I generally don't have issues flying outskirts of the town but the problem is flying in the urban areas, there are times I lost connection with the aircraft just few meters away from the remote and it's frustrating. I'm actually based in Port Harcourt. Meanwhile you didn't state if it's the same with you.( I meant having access to only 2.4ghz

I generally don't have issues flying outskirts of the town but the problem is flying in the urban areas, there are times I lost connection with the aircraft just few meters away from the remote and it's frustrating. I'm actually based in Port Harcourt. Meanwhile you didn't state if it's the same with you.( I meant having access to only 2.4ghz

I have not tried to change frequencies yet. I am able to go 2500 feet in urban area before I start loosing signal and turn around. Tomorrow weather permitting I’ll try and see if I can do the switch.

I was able to change to the 5ghz frequency and flew my aircraft 2300 feet before RTH kicked in. Hope this helps.

Usually only 2.4 shows up on the selection page, because showing the entire spectrum is too long. Swipe the screen to the left and it should scroll horizontally and reveal the 5.8 selections.

Yeah sliding it left shows the 5.8ghz ranges, not sure what channels Nigeria is restricted to in 5.8Ghz, but it's open for private use.

Usually only 2.4 shows up on the selection page, because showing the entire spectrum is too long. Swipe the screen to the left and it should scroll horizontally and reveal the 5.8 selections.
This image here is what I get. It doesn't change even when I scroll to the left like you suggested..2018_06_26_17_37_48.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54