DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air - Will it ever have Occusync

I am wondering if I have a place for all three (Pro, Spark, and Air)? The Spark might now be just a toy to fly around the yard and to get difficult shots with lots of obstacles. If you hit something and break the Spark, it is not the biggest loss. I would probably use it in places not suited for the Pro or Air. The Air now will be the travel (portable) drone to take every where. And the Pro is an "explorer" - quoted from another member, but I think describes the Pro perfectly.

I don't think selling Spark is a great option given that I probably would only get half of what I paid (if I am lucky). Probably better to just keep it as a toy.

1-2 years in DJI time is a long time. Lots of innovation comes quickly from them, so I tell my friends if you buy DJI, expect a new/faster/better/cooler done will release in 3-6 months. Just gotta accept that, and be a fan of the innovation. It doesn't invalidate anyone's investment to see new stuff come out. We all benefit.

I'm pretty sure the reason for wifi is due to heating/cooling, power, and size. DJI would include Occusync if it made sense. I don't think it's a business/marketing decision.

I do.

Think about it. If the Air had OcuSync and therefore longer range, the Mavic Pro would cease to have any reason to exist, especially if the battery lasted just a little longer.

Fill me in on all the fuss guys.

If the Air has OTG support, what’s the issue?

It’s my understanding that since removing OTG support on the Spark it’s been bad, but before that it was perfectly fine.

So if this has it, what’s the big deal? Especially considering that the transmitters are newer and more advanced.

The price point would’ve been higher too if they Didn’t use WiFi...
If so...it couldn't be more than a few $. The base Mavic Air is $800, thus if the cost of Occusync is 5% of the overall cost of goods, which I highly doubt, that would add a measly $40 to the end price. That's what leads me top believe that there's a bit more behind DJI using wifi the Mavic Air.

Fill me in on all the fuss guys.

If the Air has OTG support, what’s the issue?

It’s my understanding that since removing OTG support on the Spark it’s been bad, but before that it was fine.

So if this has it, what’s the big deal? Especially considering that the transmitters are newer and more advanced.
OTG only aids in the video feed...the phone/tablet connects to the RC. It's the RC send/receiving from the Mavic Air or Spark. Unless you're flying without RC.

OTG only aids in the video feed...the phone/tablet connects to the RC. It's the RC send/receiving from the Mavic Air or Spark. Unless you're flying without RC.

Right, and I tell you it's downright scary when the controller lags in the connection from it to the Spark while zooming around. Oy...

Found this is another forum: FYI Blade_Strike works for DJI

upload_2018-1-26_13-34-38.png

I saw this, yes? Still not going to take him at his word. Will wait for actual users. I don't for a second believe it's even 80% of OcuSync. Heck, 80% isn't even good enough - depending on what that even means?

20% chance of interference? 20% of the time you'll get interruptions?

Will wait for users.

Reactions: lolo780
Enhanced WiFi RC might be ok depending dji programmed protocols and hardware repeater. I would be perfectly fine with its range provided its stable
Of at least 5k feet.

Smart money will hold off on purchasing until experienced beta testers
shake it down, stay tuned for results in coming 1-3 weeks.

This is exactly what I'm waiting for. I've had the FMC in the cart 3 times so far on DJI website, but I can't seem to press the pay button until those unbiased reviews start hitting YouTube!

So it has Ocu-WiFi? LOL! Guy's if it WAS better than your current Mavic Pro,or Platinum,it would cost more than they do! The MA Fly More package,is a little less than the Mavic Pro Fly Less (1 battery) price.

until those unbiased reviews start hitting YouTube!
Is there such a thing? I can't say I've ever seen truly unbiased reviews on youtube. The emotion that this new drone has generated is unreal. It started when the announcement event was first leaked, lots of people saying "it's a fake event, the advert isn't high enough quality." Now it seems you either love the Air or hate it. Some people can't even bring themselves to call it a Mavic, they're so torn up inside about what it either does have or doesn't have. It's unreal. I don't think you'll see anything different on youtube - people will either claim it's awesome because they need to justify their spending $1k on it when they already have a MP, or they'll hate on it because they already have a MP and can't believe they just got suckered into paying DJI another $1k.

Reactions: MajorMiasma
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife