DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air won't move forward or backwards!

Air Tank

Reactions
I am new to droning.
I set my drone up and it worked fine.
Got the message to upgrade software and when I did I lost forwad and reverse.
It won't work with controller or with my phone, I tried both ways.
All other functions work fine and software is all showing up to date.
Getting frustrated, any ideas????

Maybe calibrate the remote? Does it yaw or roll?

This is an update.
Figured out that the status indicator light flashes GREEN rapidly, but only when trying to go in forward and reverse. Every other control functions normally. No warnings or messages come up on the screen.
?????

Somewhat of a lesson on firmware updates.
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
Updates are not mandatory.
Have you checked the stick mode?
Most people use mode 2.
Go into the go4 app, click on the remote controller symbol, second line down says “stick mode”. Click on that and tell us what is says.
May very well be something else, but it’s a shot!

And you may not want to calibrate anything else until you have a better clue as to what the real issue is.

Download and install DJI Assistant 2 for your pc or mac. You can then try calibrating more settings or downgrade the firmware and reapply if you want.

Download and install DJI Assistant 2 for your pc or mac. You can then try calibrating more settings or downgrade the firmware and reapply if you want.
I did download and install dji assistant 2 on my pc .
How would I go about down grading the firmware?
It says that updates are discontinued??????

Last edited:
Assistant should show you what firmware you are currently running and a few below that listing that are lower numbers that will allow you to downgrade.

Try googling it mate. I am out pushing a trollie for my missus right now. Google turned up several replues to your query.

Reactions: Drone1
Mine did the same thing and I couldn't figure it out. Finally turned everything off and stopped the app. Turned everything back on and it works fine now.

Are you inside? I found the proximity sensors often stop me from moving when indoors unless I turn off obstacle avoidance.
UPDATE: I got everything turned on this morning. Smart phone connected to controller and connected to the aircraft. App opened up and immediately it started a firmware upgrade. I let this finish and got everything going. Still the same thing. Turned off obstacle avoidance and tried again and it worked. You were right about the avoidance system. Took it outside and works great!!!
Thank you all for all the great suggestions as I am new to this.
HAPPY FLYING
P.S.-Still wondering if it was the automatic firmware update or the avoidance system that was the problem but happy either way.

Reactions: Madmax229
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki