DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air2 firmware v01.01.0670

Stabo

Reactions
today I was notified of a new update new version firmware mavic air 2 v.01.01.0670 . Why now is one month later?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211015-194305_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211015-194305_Gallery.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Testing takes time is one possible reason. Not uncommon to have a final release, send it out to a few people for function testing and compatibility testing. Then when those test results come back positive, publish the release for everyone.

today I was notified of a new update new version firmware mavic air 2 v.01.01.0670 . Why now is one month later?
Just saw that today and downloaded it. Interesting while watching it download / install - DJI threw in some scrolling "HINTS" as well - for those that would pay attention. I thought quite interesting as I was waiting for it to finish.

One caveat at least on mine - it logged me out of my DJI Account, so restricted flight altitude / distance till I could log in again. Some new screen icons / info it seems; but is bright sun and fairly stiff winds trying to capture some video of leaves blowing from trees during the gusts. Was focused on drone and not so much screen.

Decided to update FlyApp as well. Not flight tested FlyApp, but firmware seems to be okay. Just remember - every battery needs to be updated as well to new firmware level.

Decided to update FlyApp as well. Not flight tested FlyApp, but firmware seems to be okay. Just remember - every battery needs to be updated as well to new firmware level.
Might be why another user had a flyaway probably due to battery misreads - locked at 84% then a drop to 48% for minutes, then a full on-midair death and subsequent crash.

Reactions: tlswift58
Might be why another user had a flyaway probably due to battery misreads - locked at 84% then a drop to 48% for minutes, then a full on-midair death and subsequent crash.
Maybe! If the battery was not updated while the aircraft was, I've always gotten a message telling me it needed to be updated on power up.

Did anyone ever read the log files - if posted? If it's same one that posted "airdata" that flew to 1% battery / took off at 83% - doubtful (but possible) it had anything to do other than pilot error and disregarding low battery warnings they said they got. That was "my" reading" of what happened based solely on the "airdata" and the OP info.

Updates may or may not be a valid reason for some things pilots have experienced, but in over 1.5 years of flying my Air2 - none of the firmware or FlyApp updates have caused any of the issues people post here. Guess I've been lucky....

Maybe! If the battery was not updated while the aircraft was, I've always gotten a message telling me it needed to be updated on power up.

Did anyone ever read the log files - if posted? If it's same one that posted "airdata" that flew to 1% battery / took off at 83% - doubtful (but possible) it had anything to do other than pilot error and disregarding low battery warnings they said they got. That was "my" reading" of what happened based solely on the "airdata" and the OP info.

Updates may or may not be a valid reason for some things pilots have experienced, but in over 1.5 years of flying my Air2 - none of the firmware or FlyApp updates have caused any of the issues people post here. Guess I've been lucky....
I looked at the logs and CSV's - battery showed two values - ~84%, then dropped to ~48% mid flight, and then 1% just before it fell out of the sky. Looked like a clear DJI issue. OP has a report in to DJI asking for an explanation. Said he'd post their reply. I'm sticking with 1.4.8 for now.

• Wow
Reactions: tlswift58
I looked at the logs and CSV's - battery showed two values - ~84%, then dropped to ~48% mid flight, and then 1% just before it fell out of the sky. Looked like a clear DJI issue. OP has a report in to DJI asking for an explanation. Said he'd post their reply. I'm sticking with 1.4.8 for now.
Starting out a flight at 84% is already starting low #1. Flying for 15 minutes, getting numerous "battery" warning messages #2.

It very well could have been a "battery" issue - nobody can say 100% - not even DJI until they could look at the battery to understand "IF" there was some kind of failure.

If "I" fly for 15 minutes with a FULL BATTERY - I'm getting down pretty low on flight time / charge left - even if only flying in Cinema Mode. Again, did the pilot fly in Normal or even more so in Sport Mode to drain the batteries even faster? What was the wind at the altitude flying and did were they flying back in a stiff headwind? (we see quite a few posts of crash's dealing with that very thing and has ZERO to do with an update of any kind) If such an issue for batteries / updates; then why are not more people posting about it? Simple, easy questions.

BTW - FlyApp updates have really nothing to do with updating the hardware firmware! Many pilots won't / don't update the FlyApp for many reasons and that is everyone's choice. I'd day firmware is more critical than FlyApp updating.

In the end - it's everyone's opinion and everyone chooses to do what they think is best.

Generally I'd agree firmware usually has consequences worth updating for. Found defects and such. But in a drone system, where the fly app is just as important as the firmware, keeping everything updated "together" is probably a fair idea. With 1.4.12-XXXX in play - I'm sticking with 1.4.8-whatever I have until the versions on the DJI site have been stable for a month or two. Now if there were a way to disable the update nag screen on my controller ... probably a 'don't check for updates' switch somewhere ...

Yes; would like to know what improvements/features the new firmware offers…

This is the firmware to fix some of the hacks and tweaks done to the drone, it doesn't introduce any new features it seems!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803