DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Aluminum Tablet adapter and Magnetic Interference

actruck

Reactions
s-l1601.jpg s-l16023.jpg
I’m considering making an “all aluminum” tablet adapter similar to the attached. The base plate would be similar to the MavMount but would have the arm going under and up the back of the controller. This entire assembly would be aluminum and welded or bolted together.

Would this cause any magnetic interference issues?

I purchased one of the 3D printed ones like the attached and it’s extremely flimsy with an ipad mini 2 in it. I’m done with the 3D printed versions.

Reactions: ISpeekW00kie
To cause any magnetic interference the material has to include any kind of ferrit/ iron which aluminum does not.

Reactions: actruck
Reactions: actruck
View attachment 7962 View attachment 7963
I’m considering making an “all aluminum” tablet adapter similar to the attached. The base plate would be similar to the MavMount but would have the arm going under and up the back of the controller. This entire assembly would be aluminum and welded or bolted together.

I purchased one of the 3D printed ones like the attached and it’s extremely flimsy with an ipad mini 2 in it. I’m done with the 3D printed versions.

These mounts that have a bracket going up and around the back of the remote controller allowing a tablet mount to be added, is one of the better setups. However, the bracket needs to be made so that the R/C antennas can be placed at the 90 degree angle.

These mounts that have a bracket going up and around the back of the remote controller allowing a tablet mount to be added, is one of the better setups. However, the bracket needs to be made so that the R/C antennas can be placed at the 90 degree angle.

Good point, thank you!! I'll keep that in mind during the design. I hope to have a sample completed this week.

Good point, thank you!! I'll keep that in mind during the design. I hope to have a sample completed this week.

All of them that I have seen do not take it into consideration that the antennas need to sit at 90 degrees. Even worse, most buyers never think about it before making the purchase either.

All of them that I have seen do not take it into consideration that the antennas need to sit at 90 degrees. Even worse, most buyers never think about it before making the purchase either.

The blue holder is my current one. I can still see the RC for the most part.

The gray one is the one I will not be using. I plan to use a similar angle on the rear post but it will be a fixed angle instead of adjustable. Everything on the new design will be aluminum and welded. It may be cheesy but the blue one is aluminum so the quality has me wanting better. All the holes and slots in the new design are simply to remove weight.

I have nothing against the design of the printed part I just bought. It's just too flimsy for my liking but may be fine for the next guy.

20170307_195537.jpg 20170307_195612.jpg 20170307_195835.jpg 20170307_200643.jpg 20170307_200733.jpg 20170307_200117.jpg44.jpg 45.jpg

Has anyone tested DirtyJDesigns tablet adapter?
We design and sell 3d printed items. by DirtyJDesigns
That is the one I use with my mini 4. It is lightweight and sturdy (carbon fiber rods). It allows you to view the controller display and puts the tablet in a more comfortable viewing position. It has a built in lanyard loop, it dismantles and packs very easily, and it works great with the hoodivision padhat sunshield. I know a lot of people like the mavmount, but I think with how lightweight this is and how small it packs up, it is perfect for a drone you can practically put in your pocket.

View attachment 7962 View attachment 7963

I would be interested in buying one of the aluminum ones when and if you decide to make/sell.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB