DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic and Litchi - Almost Lost it..

abwRN

Reactions
All right gurus...I need some help..

Very odd event during Litchi Flight..Flew out and at 5900 feet decided to return. The drone was have some connection issues but still controllable. Got the Drone back under full control and it would barely move forward. (Even in RTH mode) I had plenty of battery when I decided to come home but this bird was moving at a snails pace. So much so that It used almost all the reminder of the battery while trying to cross a single street. I had to literally finesse the drone into an area where I could let it decend. It then automatically went into landing mode and I could not stop nor control it. VERY STRANGE.

It's like Litchi got confused just stopped working right. Luckily, I drove over to the site of the landing and there she was waiting for me in the parking lot. Never had anything like this happen before.. It's like .I had connection to the bird but it didn't want to do what I was telling it or st least VERY slowly.

Below is the Flight log and a picture of where I had to emergency land..

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

855e4f24eab50b50c118cd5364a94e61.jpg

I had the same thing happen to me. Never was able to have it return at a decent speed. Ran out of battery 300 ft from home point and fell like a brick. luckily no one was around. Camera an gimbal destroyed. had to use Carerefresh

Something like this happened once to me, not in RTH though. In all cases I firstly switch to sports if there's anything happening that I want to abort.

Yeah..It was really weird..I had it floored and it was barely moving as I watched what would have been plenary of batt to return home dwindle to nothing and then forced land. It kept trying to turn on me too..Almost like someone else was flying it and we were fight ping each other's controls..

While flying a Litchi mission, my Mavic flew past a waypoint and crashed into the middle of a tree. Got it back with a tree pruning pole. Going to fly the same mission today but at a higher altitude (well above tree height) to see what happens. Strange.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69