DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic and no HDMI! Deal Breaker, unless....

Erodz

Reactions
Has anyone attempted to use the Mavic with the Apple A1438 Lightning to HDMI adapter? It has a Lighting port and HDMI so the controller can connect to the Phone and then one can view the phone screen on your goggles in FPV mode. Another question is does it have FPV mode in the radio?

This may work; I want to use my Avengant Glyph with the Mavic. If not, then I will pass on it as much as I really would love to have it.

I'm sure there will be plenty of mods in the not to distant future to allow you to use any goggles you currently own. It's new and the aftermarket line for this will be huge!

I sure hope so... I know DJI loves to emulate Apple and that means proprietary hardware. However, DJI is great at providing API support on the software side so there is some hope.

If they release a stepped down version with lesser camera that's wifi only and call it the Mavic at a $499 price point, this thing will blow up for DJI and aftermarket parts galore will be produced. Just a speculation I must add.

Has anyone attempted to use the Mavic with the Apple A1438 Lightning to HDMI adapter? It has a Lighting port and HDMI so the controller can connect to the Phone and then one can view the phone screen on your goggles in FPV mode. Another question is does it have FPV mode in the radio?

This may work; I want to use my Avengant Glyph with the Mavic. If not, then I will pass on it as much as I really would love to have it.
It's my understanding that the Lightning input for the AV Cable is only power, so you would not be able to pass through the feed from the controller.

It's my understanding that the Lightning input for the AV Cable is only power, so you would not be able to pass through the feed from the controller.
That would be rather short sighted of DJI as HDMI is a must for many flyers. Maybe they just want to lock everyone in to purchasing their new goggles.

That would be rather short sighted of DJI as HDMI is a must for many flyers. Maybe they just want to lock everyone in to purchasing their new goggles.
To be fair, the AV cable isn't DJI's fault :)

But I know what you meant.. Anyway, they're following in Apple's footsteps. To them, vendor lock-in is a feature, not a bug.

To be fair, the AV cable isn't DJI's fault :)

But I know what you meant.. Anyway, they're following in Apple's footsteps. To them, vendor lock-in is a feature, not a bug.
Not the AV cable, but as the lightning connector is digital that certainly is. They could have included data pass-thru as well as power.

If that is the case, they need to go buy Agvegant! Their goggles are awesome as they provide clear and crisp quality video and can be adjusted to folks who wear glasses. Also, they have head tracking so you can control the gimbal with your head and hit a button on the radio to reset to forward facing. They provide situational awareness as they allow you to view above and below when flying. I wouldn't mind a redesign and loosing the headset through. Sigh... I can't stand the arrogance of removing this feature, "a la iphone 7 audio jack."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998