DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic and Waypoint Flight Mode

Great shots! I've been wanting to use that feature myself to record MTB trails.
I've been fiddling with Ground Station since it seems to have more features and appears to be capable of pre-programming a trail, but haven't tested it on MTBing yet.
If you use strava, to can use the elevation data on that to help set the MP height...

Reactions: Icarus
Great shots! I've been wanting to use that feature myself to record MTB trails.
I've been fiddling with Ground Station since it seems to have more features and appears to be capable of pre-programming a trail, but haven't tested it on MTBing yet.
If you use strava, to can use the elevation data on that to help set the MP height...

From someone that uses Strava regularly, that's a really bad idea. Stava altitude and elevation gain numbers are horribly inaccurate.

From someone that uses Strava regularly, that's a really bad idea. Stava altitude and elevation gain numbers are horribly inaccurate.
huh. that's odd. I've found it to be surprisingly accurate when comparing the height of one spot on the trail to another. I use an iphone.

I've used it with both an Android phone and barometer equipment Garmin computer. Neither yield accurate numbers that I'd rely on for mission planning.

I've heard much about that Litchi app, and happy to investigate and try. But it appears the DJI Care Refresh is not applicable then? Only for the Litchi flight or for all flights afterwards?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Autopilot is also amazing, not sure why Litchi seems to get more attention

Because of the AutoPilot user interface, which is a bit brutal - although the guy who developed it is pretty adamant that the UI is actually the best and most efficient.

Now that he's working with Colin at Hover, perhaps cooler heads will prevail and AutoPilot will get a user friendliness boost.

EDIT: reading that back it's far to negative on AutoPilot. It's very good. Just a bit hard to figure out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forrest
Hello and thanks for all the information you are sharing.
I´m pretty new to this world of drones...
I would like to ask...all these positive things you are saying about the capabilities, accuracy, and stability with Litchi...is...totally different to what other people here and many other forums are saying about the same application! Crashes, flyaways, and many more complications...

My questions are:
1.-Nobody here has experienced nothing like that?

I´m really really interested in that app, but I was scared of using it as I read all those comments...

Now I´m reading yours and...I don´t know what to do?

2.-Could you give more details? Kind of missions... the number of points...total distance...iOS or Android versions, etc?...it would be very helpful...

Thanks!

P.S.: the other testimonies are...terrible! and have evidence! WARNING! - Mavic Pro with Litchi

Please do keep in mind that negative experiences are far more likely to be shared than positive experiences. For every fly away mavic you read about there's thousands of good flights that are not reported on here on the forums

Reactions: Scarab69
Please do keep in mind that negative experiences are far more likely to be shared than positive experiences. For every fly away mavic you read about there's thousands of good flights that are not reported on here on the forums

Oh! Yes, of course! I do totally agree with you....that´s how life, and even more "internet life", works!

But, you know...I have my drone brand new, I REALLY WANT TO TRY a good waypoint software (DJI is not good enough) and...when I read all those disasters...I´m terrified of losing my bird!

So, I was just wondering if you all, could provide some information about how are you doing...to help people like me.
That means...Android or iOS, Versions of the different app, kind and length (time and distance) of your missions, some videos...useful things like that!

This is just in order to make me feel more confident and take the next step! Hahaha...I need support...have no friend or known people with these devices...

Thank you all!

Oh! Yes, of course! I do totally agree with you....that´s how life, and even more "internet life", works!

But, you know...I have my drone brand new, I REALLY WANT TO TRY a good waypoint software (DJI is not good enough) and...when I read all those disasters...I´m terrified of losing my bird!

So, I was just wondering if you all, could provide some information about how are you doing...to help people like me.
That means...Android or iOS, Versions of the different app, kind and length (time and distance) of your missions, some videos...useful things like that!

This is just in order to make me feel more confident and take the next step! Hahaha...I need support...have no friend or known people with these devices...

Thank you all!
I have done over 50 missions with Litchi and I have not had one problem. I have lost signal many times and each time I knew I would loose signal. The Mavic does not care if there is communication or not as the flight data is kept onboard. I was VERY nervous first few Litchi missions and that is why I flew first missions in a small controlled (and wide open) area and always LOS until I built up my confidence. Now when I send it on a mission, I go inside, have a coffee and look at my watch. Litchi has really been a game changer. Plan your missions well and double check all the parameters of each waypoint before you fly.

I have done over 50 missions with Litchi and I have not had one problem. I have lost signal many times and each time I knew I would loose signal. The Mavic does not care if there is communication or not as the flight data is kept onboard. I was VERY nervous first few Litchi missions and that is why I flew first missions in a small controlled (and wide open) area and always LOS until I built up my confidence. Now when I send it on a mission, I go inside, have a coffee and look at my watch. Litchi has really been a game changer. Plan your missions well and double check all the parameters of each waypoint before you fly.

OMG!!! Hey man!!
You are making me feel like GO FOR IT!!
I really wanted to hear something like that! Really! It is something good to know for me! and as you said and we said before...always step by step...

But...now I´m struggling with other issues...as I live in China and there is no map signal for Litchi due to the use of Google Maps...and the fact it is banned here..
I´m trying to contact them through different ways to have support and help (FB, G+, and others) but I still have no answer...a bit disappointing...

But of course I WON´T Give up....and I´ll keep on trying to get litchi operative in my phone and working with my drone...

pogopilot...Just a couple of questions
Which is your combination of drone/phone/system? (mine is Mavic/SamsungSM378/Android 4.4)
And...finally...would you share some of your missions, those you wait for them to be completed? Just to have an idea...(video and or route if you want...thanks in advance!)

I´ll keep you all informed...but now I´m just struggling with no Litchi support and I really need it here in China...

Thanks all of you!

OMG!!! Hey man!!
You are making me feel like GO FOR IT!!
I really wanted to hear something like that! Really! It is something good to know for me! and as you said and we said before...always step by step...

But...now I´m struggling with other issues...as I live in China and there is no map signal for Litchi due to the use of Google Maps...and the fact it is banned here..
I´m trying to contact them through different ways to have support and help (FB, G+, and others) but I still have no answer...a bit disappointing...

But of course I WON´T Give up....and I´ll keep on trying to get litchi operative in my phone and working with my drone...

pogopilot...Just a couple of questions
Which is your combination of drone/phone/system? (mine is Mavic/SamsungSM378/Android 4.4)
And...finally...would you share some of your missions, those you wait for them to be completed? Just to have an idea...(video and or route if you want...thanks in advance!)

I´ll keep you all informed...but now I´m just struggling with no Litchi support and I really need it here in China...

Thanks all of you!

I have Mavic Pro using a Nexus & tablet & sometimes Galaxy S7

Here is a typical mission

Reactions: dlopezjurado
T
I have Mavic Pro using a Nexus & tablet & sometimes Galaxy S7

Here is a typical mission

Pogopilot...THANKS A LOT!
I´m very happy to know that you are using Android....I started to think that the problem was that!
But I can see is not...

And...WOA! The exact kind of mission that I would plan over here...this is exactly what I need.
Pogopilot...you are giving me wings!
Now I only need to know what happens with Litchi here in China!...

Thanks...

Thanks to some insight gained from guys on RC Groups I now know how to use Litchi to set waypoints as I fly. The process is super easy and Litchi provides so many more options than the Waypoint function on GO.

DJI SDK Apps - P3 - P4 - Mavic Pro - Inspire1 - Inspire2 - M100 - M600 - A3 - N3 - Page 135 - RC Groups

Planning using maps beforehand just doesn't work for me for a couple reasons. I really want to fly the route and set the points, but having the option to go back and make adjustments from home is going to be nice.

I took this short video tonight. Still learning to adjust the heading and match the speed.

Reactions: dlopezjurado
...I now know how to use Litchi to set waypoints as I fly. The process is super easy and Litchi provides so many more options than the Waypoint function on GO.
<snip>
Planning using maps beforehand just doesn't work for me for a couple reasons. I really want to fly the route and set the points, but having the option to go back and make adjustments from home is going to be nice.
Thanks @pbasinger I knew Litchi could do this from watching the Litchi Phantom Flight School (PFS) tutorials and it is something I have been meaning to do. I gather you map "WPT at aircraft" and "POI at aircraft" to C1 the C1 buttons and press them as you fly along in WPT mode. Also mentioned in PFS is that it can record the gimbal angle and heading when creating "WPT at aircraft" allowing you to carefully frame a shot without the need for a POI which sounds good.
I agree, there are definitely situations where building a route by flying it works better than creating it on a map.

First I was very excited that I found a better app (Litchie) to create waypoint missions during my upcoming El Nido, Philippines trip. HOWEVER, after reading some feedbacks regarding this app, I'm realizing that this might not work for me. Due to required network connectivity in order to create the missions I want for each tours of the islands, its impossible with POOR wifi or network connection in the Philippines.

Someone mentioned that they were able to create their missions at home before leaving abroad, BUT luckily for him, he's able to see where exactly on the map to place those missions. I cannot since I have no idea where I would land on each island of the tour! Sucks for me... unless anyone knows a better technique? Seems like I might have to use the joystick (still practicing) and fly it manually.

First I was very excited that I found a better app (Litchie) to create waypoint missions during my upcoming El Nido, Philippines trip. HOWEVER, after reading some feedbacks regarding this app, I'm realizing that this might not work for me. Due to required network connectivity in order to create the missions I want for each tours of the islands, its impossible with POOR wifi or network connection in the Philippines.

Someone mentioned that they were able to create their missions at home before leaving abroad, BUT luckily for him, he's able to see where exactly on the map to place those missions. I cannot since I have no idea where I would land on each island of the tour! Sucks for me... unless anyone knows a better technique? Seems like I might have to use the joystick (still practicing) and fly it manually.

From my experience its better to fly manually anyway. Not only is it easier for you to control where you want the camera to point and the speed and such, but you'll have better control if anything goes wrong. Of course many people have had great luck with it, but of the few times I've used it, I wanted to just switch into manual and fly it myself :D

Reactions: Millanrose13
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54