DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Batteries and Charging Best Practices

My IT son told me that the phone or iPad etc devices aren't really charging the controller.
It just comes up as charging but is some sort of fake signal that allows app to work only with the device.
I wasn't aware that people were experiencing their controller being charged by the phone, only the other way around. At least that's been my experience (and the controller will indeed charge the phone). With that said, USB-C is capable of bi-directional charging. My phone is USB-C, though I've never noticed the phone charging the controller, only the controller charging the phone.

Reactions: Clinton1
I wasn't aware that people were experiencing their controller being charged by the phone, only the other way around. At least that's been my experience (and the controller will indeed charge the phone). With that said, USB-C is capable of bi-directional charging. My phone is USB-C, though I've never noticed the phone charging the controller, only the controller charging the phone.

Whoops sorry mate, I got that reversed !
What my son told me re the iPhone setup is . . .
When the charge icon comes in the iPhone or iPad, it is supposedly not really being charged, some sort of protocol when using with apps connected devices.

My phone battery level doesn't go up when in use on the controller, nor does my iPad mini 4.

He advised that android devices will be charged from the controller though.

So who is experiencing their phone or tablet devices being charged (battery % going up, or even staying stable) and draining the controller, and what are you using i devices or android ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manifest