DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic battery issue

Ok, that's the only way I know to try and deep cycle it. I haven't had any problems with any of my Mavic batt so haven't had to as of yet. You would know better than I .

If one of the cells drops below 3.00v will it turn off mid air?

Well guys here's an update.

I charged the battery to 100% yesterday and got the 3rd LED flashing twice per second. Today I connected it to my mavic and let it just sit there until it got to about 45%. I had noticed that the cells levelled off around this percent and thought they might charge up at the same level as well from here. I let the battery cool down well ( I left the battery for a few hours ). Now I've just charged the battery up and the 3rd LED is NOT blinking. Hopefully it stays this way now. I will defo be keeping a close eye on battery info during my flights now.

I will test the battery again soon and monitor the cell performance and post an update. Fingers crossed.

Update: Hi guys

Tried this battery today and all was well thankfully. The cells remained at similar volts through out the flight. I hope now the next time I charge it, all will be okay.

I think this issue started when I pushed the mav too hard on sport mode. I was for 20 mins or so putting it through its full paces. Won't be doing that again :)

Had a similar issue with my Mavic a few weeks back. I know these batteries are expensive. But had to consider the cost ratio of battery vs. Mavic. If you aren't %100 comfortable with your equipment before flight...you correct the issue or don't launch. Bad judgement will eventually catch up to you.

Well guys here's an update.

I charged the battery to 100% yesterday and got the 3rd LED flashing twice per second. Today I connected it to my mavic and let it just sit there until it got to about 45%. I had noticed that the cells levelled off around this percent and thought they might charge up at the same level as well from here. I let the battery cool down well ( I left the battery for a few hours ). Now I've just charged the battery up and the 3rd LED is NOT blinking. Hopefully it stays this way now. I will defo be keeping a close eye on battery info during my flights now.

I will test the battery again soon and monitor the cell performance and post an update. Fingers crossed.

This is the correct procedure for this issue.

The deep discharge is only required for the calibration of the Total battery percentage as the battery ages.

If you over discharge and one cell drops significantly lower then the balance charge fails as the battery balance circuit cannot bleed off the excess voltage fast enough on the high cells and the continuation of the charge process would damage the high cells. As at the end of charge one cell is significantly lower than the others it causes the battery warning..

Do not discharge your batteries below 3.6V per cell. If you discharge below this limit it reduces the number of recharges that the batty can perform The 3.6 Limit is a no load limit. Measured without the props spinning.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78