DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic battery won't turn off.

Orion33

Reactions
A month ago I purchased the Mavic 2 pro together with the Smart controller. I'm very satisfied so far.

But since a week I have a problem with one of the batteries.
It will not turn off completely: If I turn off the battery on the normal way, the green indicatorleds on the top of the battery turn off but the Mavic is still partially under power. The front and back light are lighting and the gimbal still works.
The only thing Im left to do is to remove the battery then of course the Mavic shuts down completely. But when I place the battery back in the Mavic even after a rest of some 10 minutes the Mavic restarts up by itself. However it doesn't listen anymore to the Smart controller.
If I let rest the battery for more then a hour it behaves normally but the change that is showing the same behavior especially after some flighttime is very great.
I checked the stats of the battery and everything was normal and the temperature was well within its limits. The battery is more than half full.

I'm afraid of damaging the Mavic-electronics when I pull out the batteries when the are still under power.
Does anyone know this problem and is there a solution for except then returning the battery to the vendor?

Ton

A month ago I purchased the Mavic 2 pro together with the Smart controller. I'm very satisfied so far.

But since a week I have a problem with one of the batteries.
It will not turn off completely: If I turn off the battery on the normal way, the green indicatorleds on the top of the battery turn off but the Mavic is still partially under power. The front and back light are lighting and the gimbal still works.
The only thing Im left to do is to remove the battery then of course the Mavic shuts down completely. But when I place the battery back in the Mavic even after a rest of some 10 minutes the Mavic restarts up by itself. However it doesn't listen anymore to the Smart controller.
If I let rest the battery for more then a hour it behaves normally but the change that is showing the same behavior especially after some flighttime is very great.
I checked the stats of the battery and everything was normal and the temperature was well within its limits. The battery is more than half full.

I'm afraid of damaging the Mavic-electronics when I pull out the batteries when the are still under power.
Does anyone know this problem and is there a solution for except then returning the battery to the vendor?

Ton
What brand of battery?
Do you have other batteries that function correctly?

If it’s just the one battery I’d return it.

What brand of battery?
Do you have other batteries that function correctly?

If it’s just the one battery I’d return it.

I use the original mavic smart battery.
So far it is just one battery.
I will return it thats for sure because I don't want to have problems in mid-flight.
But I'm curious and is it just a small thing.

I had similar problem with one of mine. But it seems to happen about once a month, or every 3 or 4 charge cycles. The problem is DJI wants proof. So it took me sometime before I got a video of my drone partially starting up when I clip the battery on. It didn’t completely charge even after 2 hours on the charger, like it’s continuously trickle charge. I never leave that battery on my drone when in storage.
anyway, I just sent my in to DJI and I hope I’ll get a replacement. It’s 5+ months old, so it was close to ‘tough luck, it’s out of warranty’.

I had similar problem with one of mine. But it seems to happen about once a month, or every 3 or 4 charge cycles. The problem is DJI wants proof. So it took me sometime before I got a video of my drone partially starting up when I clip the battery on. It didn’t completely charge even after 2 hours on the charger, like it’s continuously trickle charge. I never leave that battery on my drone when in storage.
anyway, I just sent my in to DJI and I hope I’ll get a replacement. It’s 5+ months old, so it was close to ‘tough luck, it’s out of warranty’.
I noticed that too that the final charging taking lots of time. When all the top leds are on (blinking) it still goes on with charging.

You should sent it back to DJI if it’s still under warranty. Take a video before you send it to them, so you have proof.
it might be that it’s internally not switching off properly.

So, I sent my battery to DJI and their initial assessment was they couldn’t find anything wrong with it and they were going to send the original back to me. Good thing I had a video, so I emailed that to them(again), and a replacement should arrive today.

Reactions: Thomas B
Not raising the dead, but in case anyone else stumbles upon this thread with the same issue, here's something that worked for me.
With the mains (plug socket) switched off, attach the battery to the charger again. Swith the mains on again, and the battery might switch off.
Worked for me.

Reactions: gooss
I know it has been a while since this was posted, but i recently ran a into the same issue and wonder if you ever resolved it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121