DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Battery

waylander

Reactions
Hi Everyone
I know this has been asked tons of times here and in different forums, my question is this :-
I "Burnt In" all of my Phantom 2 and Phantom 3 batteries, (you know run them down to 40% for first 10 flights) , but surely things have moved on now, is it still necessary with the Mavic, has anyone done it, has anyone not bothered to do it,
whats the consensus, do we still run them in or not...? :confused:

Thanks in anticipation
Wayalander

Hi Everyone
I know this has been asked tons of times here and in different forums, my question is this :-
I "Burnt In" all of my Phantom 2 and Phantom 3 batteries, (you know run them down to 40% for first 10 flights) , but surely things have moved on now, is it still necessary with the Mavic, has anyone done it, has anyone not bothered to do it,
whats the consensus, do we still run them in or not...? :confused:

Thanks in anticipation
Wayalander

Did you ever get an answer to your post?. I have the same question...

I "Burnt In" all of my Phantom 2 and Phantom 3 batteries, (you know run them down to 40% for first 10 flights)
This was never a recommendation for any DJI batteries. Some have done it anyhow, but I've never seen anyone comment that it has been beneficial.

I think this is left over info from the "olden days" of Lipo batteries... some old "information" seems to hang around forever. I agree with msinger...

That said, I personally go a bit easy on each battery for one or two flights, just to be sure you don't have a bad cell or something.

Hi All
Many thanks for all your input, maybe it is "old info" as Cactusjack says, and as Msinger suggests DJI have never written anything on the subject, so I will do as cactusjack suggests and just go easy on the first couple of flights..
and may I wish a Happy New Year to all DJI product users.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet