DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic became unresponsive

haleym77

Reactions
Any insight as to what happened? I accidentally told my Pro to go home but it flew up to about 150 feet and hovered, totally responsive. I kept hitting the cancel on RTH and nothing. I was directly under it, not out of range, and it was seriously juat 100, maybe 150 feet high and it wouldn't fly. There were no obstacles either. The battery finally died and it became responsive at the very end and then crashed. I'm baffled as to why it wouldn't cancel the RTH after repeated attempts and why it wouldn't respond to any flight commands despite no obstacles :-(

Reactions: mrreddog
Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

while she was hovering u could have tried restarting the app and even restarting the rc, did u try swithcing to sport mode? ive read some times that helps

How were you trying to cancel the RTH? Did you press the pause button on the RC?

while she was hovering u could have tried restarting the app and even restarting the rc, did u try swithcing to sport mode? ive read some times that helps
No, I did not. I was too afraid of it dropping if I disconnected. :-(

How were you trying to cancel the RTH? Did you press the pause button on the RC?
No, I clicked on the RTH status and it popped up the option to cancel it. I kept clicking the okay button and nothing happened. It would then wait a few seconds and then started beeping with cancel option popping up again, but still, would do nothing when I clicked it but clear from the screen and restart the beeping cycle.

No, I did not. I was too afraid of it dropping if I disconnected. :-(
i believe it will hover even if rc is disconected, i have restarted the app a few times durinng flight but not the rc, but i am sure it will hover until battery goes dead or it gets an input, i think i will hover to 3 ft and try this to make sure though, but i have heard switching to sport mode and back helps, i had the rc freeze on me during a panorama and was totally unresponsive, swithing to sprort mode forced the pano to end and she came to life

i believe it will hover even if rc is disconected, i have restarted the app a few times durinng flight but not the rc, but i am sure it will hover until battery goes dead or it gets an input

If disconnected from the RC it will hover for a few seconds, and then obey its "loss of signal" action programmed into the AC - either RTH, hover or land.

Reactions: genesimmons
Fwiw, as I reported on other threads (and to DJI Support), my new MPP was disconnecting from RC at close range, incl. to the point where failsafe RTH hovered above the landing point due to obstacle detection, with no way to force land. Each time, I ultimately regained control by power cycling the RC, but only for seconds at a time, just enough to force land.

After one of these landings, I noticed Djigo4 reporting RC firmware version 00.00.0000. Turned off RC, let it cool down for ten minutes, and voila, firmware version reverted to normal, RC connected to MPP, flew again normally for a few minutes, then both aircraft and Djigo4 disconnects started all over again.

I started suspecting RC overheating, and noticing its fan not running normally. Eventually, even when cooled the RC wouldn't complete a firmware refresh to 01.04.300 (but would downgrade to 200, oddly). So, I returned the whole bundle to Costco for an exchange, under their excellent satisfaction guarantee.

So far so good, no aircraft disconnections from the new RC and MPP. Although, I *have* experienced an unexpected DJI Goggles disconnect mid-flight, where they too subsequently reported firmware 00.00.0000 until after a power cycle and cool down.

Reactions: genesimmons
Fwiw, as I reported on other threads (and to DJI Support), my new MPP was disconnecting from RC at close range, incl. to the point where failsafe RTH hovered above the landing point due to obstacle detection, with no way to force land. Each time, I ultimately regained control by power cycling the RC, but only for seconds at a time, just enough to force land.

After one of these landings, I noticed Djigo4 reporting RC firmware version 00.00.0000. Turned off RC, let it cool down for ten minutes, and voila, firmware version reverted to normal, RC connected to MPP, flew again normally for a few minutes, then both aircraft and Djigo4 disconnects started all over again.

I started suspecting RC overheating, and noticing its fan not running normally. Eventually, even when cooled the RC wouldn't complete a firmware refresh to 01.04.300 (but would downgrade to 200, oddly). So, I returned the whole bundle to Costco for an exchange, under their excellent satisfaction guarantee.

So far so good, no aircraft disconnections from the new RC and MPP. Although, I *have* experienced an unexpected DJI Goggles disconnect mid-flight, where they too subsequently reported firmware 00.00.0000 until after a power cycle and cool down.
wow thats interstting, thats not what i would have though tto happen if somethong overheated, hmmm i have had a few disconnects ill keep an eye on temps

When you safely land after your next unexpected aircraft disconnect, immediately see what Djigo4 reports as firmware version for the RC, and if it's 00.00.0000, see if that changes after power cycling and cool down. I don't know for sure overheating was the cause, but I can definitely correlate the worsening failures with my flights in hot, sunny weather, and also when I noticed the RC fan not running.

Reactions: UAVNV
your device may have been stressed by the weather, cable failed, when it has happened I disconnect it and use only the controller, give it a few and plug it back in

after a power cycle and cool down

What was the temperature when you were flying. I live in Bullhead City, Arizona and summer temps in the heat of the day will run around 110 - 115 (there are some exceptions - today will only be 106). I fly in the early morning from an approximate temperature of 85 and fly for a couple of hours. Temperature is around 100 when we quit. My fly partner has a Spark and I fly a MPP. Neither of us have ever had any temperature warnings. We are awful close to the MPP max temp of 104.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato