DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic camera feed black - I have checked all the other posts

redbeard14

Reactions
First off, I have been all over this board and others trying to figure this out. No luck, so I am resorting to asking.

Two weeks ago I crashed my drone...into a small tree and it took about a 10 foot drop to the mulch below (sounds very similar to many stories I have read). I noticeably tore the ribbon cable and the "L" bracket on the absorption board. I ordered new parts and placed them. Gimbal seems to be working correctly, everything snapped back smoothly. I even took it back apart today to recheck the connections.

It is not the ISO. I have formatted the SD. I have limited use of the camera functions but if I reset camera I am able to view the playback to which it says "camera disconnected."

The silver stranded LVDS cable seems to be intact. Maybe one or two very small slight bends. But not kinks. Could it still be that cable? Or would it be the little circuit board to which it connects?

I need help...I really need the camera working this weekend and I thought for the sure the gimbal ribbon was the only problem...I guess not.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

First off, I have been all over this board and others trying to figure this out. No luck, so I am resorting to asking.

Two weeks ago I crashed my drone...into a small tree and it took about a 10 foot drop to the mulch below (sounds very similar to many stories I have read). I noticeably tore the ribbon cable and the "L" bracket on the absorption board. I ordered new parts and placed them. Gimbal seems to be working correctly, everything snapped back smoothly. I even took it back apart today to recheck the connections.

It is not the ISO. I have formatted the SD. I have limited use of the camera functions but if I reset camera I am able to view the playback to which it says "camera disconnected."

The silver stranded LVDS cable seems to be intact. Maybe one or two very small slight bends. But not kinks. Could it still be that cable? Or would it be the little circuit board to which it connects?

I need help...I really need the camera working this weekend and I thought for the sure the gimbal ribbon was the only problem...I guess not.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Double check those connectors to the processor board. Tricky to snap in.

Maybe your looking in wrong area? App issue or rc to phone/tablet cable? Sometimes we get stressed when things should be working but miss the small/obvious things. Hope you suss it out.

Having similar if not same problem here....

Hello All. Poser DIY here. I have crashed several times now and is one of the things I seem to be good at. I think I have finally learned my lesson with regard to magnetic interference and staying away from wires and concrete. That said, dilemna as follows.....

So I was wrong flying next to concrete and wires shortly after sunset. It started almost immediately showing that it was having a hard time holding its position as it was going sideways as if I was giving the remote some tension. I tried compensating, however, similar to other stories I have read now with little to no avail and crashed against wall of my house. My Front Left Leg broke again as I have glued twice before. This crash, though, left the leg hanging by a stripped thread.
What I am trying to figure out is if I need to replace the camera or the ptz video cable.
  1. I was recording video at the time and the video on my iphone dji app, shows the video at the length longer then the crash, BUT it kinda freezeframed at point of impact.
  2. The video on the sd card ends at point of impact.
First, I have inspected the gimbal assembly and the video cable does not show any damage and neither does the camera. Opened the camera end also to make sure it was seated there as well without any obvious damage to those skinny strands on PTZ Video Cable. I didnt know for a fact what the antennae's purpose in the Front Left Leg so I had hoped after replacing that, it may solve all my problems(glue wasnt gonna work this time either way). Front leg came in and changed that out, BUT still have black video screen. I tried taking pictures/video and checking contents of sd card, but no videos or photos were actually created, eventhough I got the audibles telling me I was. It also says Ambient Light is Weak.
Asking Techs with experience, would you buy/reach for the (1)PTZ Video Cable OR (2)Camera replacement? Is there really any way to rule out either without a spare Mavic lying around.
Thanks in advance for your time.
funds have run amuck with this hobby ;()

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3