DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Controller vibrating

I could not find it in the manual. Must have missed it. What page is it on please?

I need to re-read the manual to ascertain that, actually. I may, in fact, have read that vibration information elsewhere and mistakenly attributed it to the online manual. If so, my apologies. But I'm going to determine that for sure either way, just for clarity's sake. And I'll report back here once I am certain.

My information, however, is spot on. The controller DOES vibrate out certain warnings, something all Mavic pilots need to be aware of to take advantage of this alert ability the system has. I'll be back in touch.

Ok guys, so I noticed the vibration is an alert. In my case it was the battery. All is well now.

I only have one problem... when the Mavic hovers I notice its constantly ascending and descending about +-2ft. Not sure if this is normal. None of my previous DJI drones behaved this way. I calibrated the sensors, controller, gimbal, IMU and the compass and still no fix. Not sure if this is normal

Ok guys, so I noticed the vibration is an alert. In my case it was the battery. All is well now.

I only have one problem... when the Mavic hovers I notice its constantly ascending and descending about +-2ft. Not sure if this is normal. None of my previous DJI drones behaved this way. I calibrated the sensors, controller, gimbal, IMU and the compass and still no fix. Not sure if this is normal

THAT is not normal. Did you do your calibrations inside or outside, and did you remove all metal and electric/magnetic sources around you - including cell phones, etc. - as well as be a good distance away from such outside sources, metal structures and the like?

The Mavic - although it DOES vibrate out alerts! - is noted for being rock solid and completely stable in flight. Hovering with minimal movement is one of the things it is well noted for. If yours is not doing this - especially in a still, calm environment - then something is amiss.

I never got any warnings but I forgot to mention that I was flying my mavic inside my living room. Does that have anything do with something?

I'm guessing its your obstacle avoidance warning making your controller vibrate

Gee I didnt know this. As I should know this, can you point me to where this is described in the manual. A quick word search reveals a single instance of the word vibrate and it is unlrelated to the controller.
I could not find it in the manual. Must have missed it. What page is it on please?
Umm... if YOU had read the manual, you would know this is NOT described in the manual. So there...

As I already posted yesterday in this thread, I WAS mistaken about the vibration warning appearing in the Mavic online manual. My apologies, again, for my human error. I was going from memory when I responded to the OP's question about his Mavic controller vibration "problem," which was NOT a problem at all but simply a design element the OP was unaware from. Based upon that and other statements included in his original post I assumed - and assumed correctly, I might add, as the OP admitted it himself in a later post - that he had NOT yet read the online manual. My main thrust in my comments to the OP were only to encourage him to, in fact, read the online manual, as many Mavic pilots either fail to read it, read it haphazardly thereby missing out on small details, or are not even aware it exists.

My comments were NOT intended to be, nor were they presented to be, either sanctimonious or as chastisement. Instead, it was merely EXCELLENT advice to offer to a new Mavic pilot, totally for his own sake and benefit.

My error in misstating that the controller vibration information WAS included in the online manual came about due to the following, simple reason: I HAVE exhaustively read everything there is to read about the Mavic Pro drone and simply misattributed where I had read about what controller vibrations mean to the online manual. Instead, I learned it through other official DJI information as well as from the very first review of the then newly released Mavic last Autumn. Apparently, the chips in my brain crossed circuits and I mistakenly recalled having read the info in the online manual instead.

Regardless of how much money I now make, a $1,000 will always be a $1,000 to me, period. I work very hard for my money, and before I sink $1,000 into something somewhat capricious such as a flying camera I do LOTS of research about the purchase beforehand. Exhaustively. I read the Mavic online manual long before I owned a Mavic and shortly after it became available as a downloadable PDF file, which the OP did not know about until I informed him of such. And I did a lot of research about the Mavic first before getting one.

When I do research on a product I store it for future reference, a habit of my 20+ years of living as an investigative print journalist. The first review of the DJI Mavic appeared September 27, 2016 in the RC GRoups.com exclusive review of the Mavic, delivered to them only in a box and bubble wrap as the final box design was not yet in production. In that article the writer mentions how the Mavic controller vibrates when it receives obstacle avoidance warnings. So that was my first knowledge about this function.

My second learning point about the Mavic controller's vibration feature came from DJI's official Mavic Forum, which I also follow, in a statement made December 26, 2016. In that statement mention is made about the controller vibration warnings and the purposes they serve. Finally, my third point of knowledge about this controller function again came officially from DJI itself in the firmware release notes (v01.03.0000, dated December 6, 2016) in which it is clearly stated that the then new firmware "Added a vibration warning for the remote controller when the aircraft enters ATTI mode."

So there it is. That is where my flawed memory about where my Mavic controller vibration information came from.

Do I expect everyone to read as much as I do and strive to be as informed as possible about the Mavic as I have chosen to be? No, not actually. In truth, I am unfortunately too used to seeing too many people go into the Mavic - and most other drones, too - TOTALLY in the dark, largely being either ill-informed or uninformed about what they hold in their hands. I need only to point to the vast majority of threads posted in this Forum alone where questions are asked by people who should already know the answers and would IF they read as much as they could about it, starting with and including the Mavic online manual.

In my estimation, the current drone craze is being spearheaded by too many people who happen to have more DOLLARS than SENSE. They barely read instructions but they do have the money to plop down whatever the cost is to get their hands on a drone. Then, they can't be bothered with following through and doing their part to fully understand what they have gotten themselves into by reading instructions, manuals, release notes,watching Mavic videos, etc., which usually results in them having a drone accident or crash followed by them erroneously and immediately pointing an accusing finger at the drone manufacturer instead of at themselves for failing to hold up their end of the bargain. I wouldn't be a DJI or Yuneec sales rep if my life depended on it. The number of idiot calls they deal with daily must be staggering.

And so, that's all I have to say about that. Safe flying, folks. Have fun filming and photo taking.

So I pretty much figured everything out except for the map on the bottom left of the APP. I get really annoyed when the direction just randomly flips around. Hard to explain but I've been using DJI products for a while and I know the normal behavior. The home point shouldn't go from south to north then back again. I updated the app with no luck. Not sure what's going on

That radar appears to aim the arrow the direction the Mavic is facing relative to you. So if you turn, so does the radar arrow. It seems a bit wonky at first, but once you get used to it it starts to make more sense.

That radar appears to aim the arrow the direction the Mavic is facing relative to you. So if you turn, so does the radar arrow. It seems a bit wonky at first, but once you get used to it it starts to make more sense.

I am very familiar with how this map works. Its the same as the Phantom series. When im flying im not moving my body direction then suddenly the direction on the map goes crazy, then goes back to normal. So I locked it and it was fine but it sucks not being able to use it for orientation. I lauched using an aftermarket FPV app and that one was fine but the APP isnt really made for the mavic so it was super laggy

Have you tried calibrating the compass on your Phone (or tablet). It sounds like it's not calibrated, or there is something interfering with it.

I am very familiar with how this map works. Its the same as the Phantom series. When im flying im not moving my body direction then suddenly the direction on the map goes crazy, then goes back to normal. So I locked it and it was fine but it sucks not being able to use it for orientation. I lauched using an aftermarket FPV app and that one was fine but the APP isnt really made for the mavic so it was super laggy

It looks like a problem with your smartphone compass.

Have you tried calibrating the compass on your Phone (or tablet). It sounds like it's not calibrated, or there is something interfering with it.

It very well could be. I'm using the iPhone 6. I'll look into how to calibrate it

It very well could be. I'm using the iPhone 6. I'll look into how to calibrate it

I have an iPhone 6S Plus. I didn't even know you could calibrate its compass. If you find out how, please share the information. I'd be very interested in knowing how that is done, too. Thanks.

I have an iPhone 6S Plus. I didn't even know you could calibrate its compass. If you find out how, please share the information. I'd be very interested in knowing how that is done, too. Thanks.

Haven't found on and my map is still glitching out. Sucks not know the orientation of my bird. However if I use a non DJI app it works fine

Haven't found on and my map is still glitching out. Sucks not know the orientation of my bird. However if I use a non DJI app it works fine

I plan on taking my Mav out today before sunset. I'm going to take time to specifically focus on the map, its orientation, etc., so that I am really 100% up to speed with it and therefore may be in a better position to comment on your problem with it. Never having had a problem with it myself, I want to run through things and see what I come up with. I'll post here anything I may discover that could be of help to you.

I know just how frustrating it is when faced with a problem that should be a simple fix but which eludes you despite your best efforts. Keep the faith. An answer for you is certainly just around the corner.

Gee I didnt know this. As I should know this, can you point me to where this is described in the manual. A quick word search reveals a single instance of the word vibrate and it is unlrelated to the controller.
I agree. The manual is not help with this issue ofGimbal vibration.

The controller does, indeed, vibrate to physically alert you to specific important warnings. No disrespect or offense intended, but that IS something you should know and would if you have read the Mavic manual.

You need to read the Mavic online manual available as a PDF download straight from DJI's website - forget those silly little booklets DJI sent you home with - and fully digest it and understand it to truly understand your Mavic Pro. Do that and then also make yourself sick watching YouTube videos all about the Mavic, which there are plenty of on all aspects of this excellent aircraft. Watch them until you are just about ready to puke. By then, you'll be ready to competently pilot this drone, which is simple in design but complex in what it does.

THIS could be a very stupid question, but I just have to ask it. You did remove your gimbal clamp, correct?

I just received my Mavic 2 Zoom and watched YouTube videos about it so long that my wife started complaining :) Than i read the complete manual 2 times. That even without flying. I also discovered that when turning on Beginners mode like i did, it start vibrating a couple of times also to notify you about the beginners mode and the limited functionality.
So it is indeed giving you warnings.

Gee @moswissa - are any of your posts referring to things that happen when the Drone is being flown outdoors? It does seem that the poor thing is screaming at you to let it out so it can fly in an open space where every sensor it has can breathe a sigh of relief!

Compass calibration on an iPhone ... enjoy all you iOS folks ...
How to use the Compass on iPhone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev