DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Crash - Back Arm Dislocated !!!

Realllll slow. I'm still waiting on the repair quote or option to refresh and get my bird back. Whelp, lots of coffee to be drank in the meantime. [emoji477]️ I need my lil bird [emoji211] back. [emoji24]

Sent from [emoji211]

Seems like a long time. It only took one day of them having my drone for them to give me the repair quote/option to refresh. They say if it's been more than 15 days to call them.

iPhone 6S

Seems like a long time. It only took one day of them having my drone for them to give me the repair quote/option to refresh. They say if it's been more than 15 days to call them.

iPhone 6S

Thx, will do. I pretty much know I tanked it but I should still get the option to refresh since I paid for the dji care. You...wouldn't happen to have a good number, would you?:D

Just got the refresh, my drone was toasted. $650 to repair or refresh. Duh [emoji849], insurance , life is good. Now another two weeks for ship back I guess. How's your replacement flying?

Sent from [emoji211]

Do you know what happens after the first one year of DJI Care refresh? Do they provide renewal options?

No First year only.

Yes, I bought my Mavic and DJI care refresh from my local DJI store and assumed it was activated when I got it. It wasn't. I figured it out after about a week, and just followed the instructions on the dji website, submitted the video, and had an approval a day later. I then had another 72 hours to activate refresh. Really easy and straight forward.

I also sent to get my bird repaired for a similar back tab/ broken ribbon issue. I overnighted it ($140.00) and asked them multiple times to return it as such, that i would pay the cost but it still got sent via ground.
Don't waste your money...

I also sent to get my bird repaired for a similar back tab/ broken ribbon issue. I overnighted it ($140.00) and asked them multiple times to return it as such, that i would pay the cost but it still got sent via ground.
Don't waste your money...

I gave them a hard time via their dji support twitter account when they sent mine back ground after discussing sending it back air, and I got a call from someone actually in the US. They sent me a charging hub for the inconvenience - ironically, by air. Don't know if this will work for everyone, but it might be worth DM'ing their twitter account.

iPhone 6S

Unfortunately not...I bought mine at Best Buy and was not aware of it. I will definitely get it in the future!

Guess I'll just have to wait it out...bummer.

Should not matter where you bought your drone. After the activation process the DJI GO App gives you 48 hrs to add the coverage. Maybe you didn't notice.

I'm not familiar with All state, I guess this is a service in US? I live in Greece but thanks for taking time to answer.

Yes it is. You are still eligible for DJI care if you do video showing it works. Check Dji forums

Sent from [emoji211]

Last edited:
I was flying my mavic in reasonably strong winds. Flew it into a tree with a strong tailwind. Ended up breaking a few props. What I noticed the back arm had dislocated itself from the body and the small hex screw had torn itself from the predrilled hole.

I have fixed the Mavic Drone by undoing the battery and removing the hex bolts and re-pushing the arm into the drone body socket (hinge). Seems like a good fix and feels sold again.

Has anyone else experienced one of the arms dislocating itself after a crash ???

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Don't be fooled into thinking that the Mavic can fly in winds that a Phantom can handle. Look at the difference in the motors and prop sizes. Flying into winds of 15 MPH or more is looking for what happened to these poor guys. Furthermore, on a RTH in a strong headwind, it may not make it home. These are not toys. USE YOUR HEAD.

I just had a similar issue this afternoon. Flew with relatively high winds during sunset, and at one point I didn't see the Mavic, thought it was somewhere else, and flew into a tree. =/
Everything is perfect, except one arm that broke. I do have DJI Care, but I've had it for less than 3 months and don't really want to spend one of my refreshes so soon, for something so minor. So I went to DJI's website and checked for authorised service providers in Canada and found MultiRotorHeli.
I emailed them this evening (Saturday) and they already replied with a $40 + service charges fee. I asked about the service charges, but I think it'll be worth it. They're in Calgary, I'm in Vancouver, so I'll still have to ship it out, but seems like a good deal. I'll update once I have more news.

IMG_20170304_163742.jpg

Because of smaller props, Mavic don't do well against the wind. I suggest avoiding any flight when surface winds are 12 mph or more. At altitude the wind increases, especially above tree line. Check out an app called UAV Forecast Also consider Kp index. Most pilots don't know what it is or how it could effect your bird.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev