DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Crashed & Destroyed

Hello,

Sorry about the bad luck. I've observed in many posts here that when something like this happens, just call DJI Tech support. Don't be upset with them but explain what happened. They will have you upload the data the drone collects for the flights. They can extract what happened to the drone and if they see a drone fault in that data, they will replace the drone without using your Care Refresh. Check it out.
When you crashed and destroyed two props I suspect the prop locking tabs stayed inside the motor. This will/can cause motor to lock up and may cause a "flip" to occur when on prop ceases mid flight.

Update on DJI service after my crash. Unfortunately despite asking on 3 separate occasions for DJI to provide me with a detailed flight analysis my Mavic was replaced and the data related to my crash is forever lost (according to DJI). However, the more I am reading your replies it's most obvious that my first minor crash is the culprit and very likely it was a broken propeller tab that caused the major crash that destroyed the Mavic. Just glad I had refresh $79 and I have a new drone (plus an additional battery and set of props DJI sent back). I am much more careful to do a full check of the unit before I fly now.

Thanks to all who shared their thoughts.

Update on DJI service after my crash. Unfortunately despite asking on 3 separate occasions for DJI to provide me with a detailed flight analysis my Mavic was replaced and the data related to my crash is forever lost (according to DJI). However, the more I am reading your replies it's most obvious that my first minor crash is the culprit and very likely it was a broken propeller tab that caused the major crash that destroyed the Mavic. Just glad I had refresh $79 and I have a new drone (plus an additional battery and set of props DJI sent back). I am much more careful to do a full check of the unit before I fly now.

Thanks to all who shared their thoughts.

Where was it serviced? (Carson,CA)?

What was the turnaround time?

My curiosity from the fact that I'm about to ship mine in for a bad camera.

Where was it serviced? (Carson,CA)?

What was the turnaround time?

My curiosity from the fact that I'm about to ship mine in for a bad camera.

It was serviced in Carson, CA. I live in Toronto Canada, from the date I shipped back to DJI to the return unit arriving back to me was a total of 32 days.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007