DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic disconnected and not RTH

manuel87roma

Reactions
Hello everyone! I experience really bad moments the other day when i was flying my mavic and at some point on my ipad mini appeared DISCONNECTED and i couldn't see anything anymore!! Luckly the drone wasn't too far and i 've seen it within eyes sight. But one thing that really disappointed me is that didn't RTH (return TO HOME) [emoji15] the drone was still receiving my commands though and i made it land by using the remote.

Is there anything i can set to make it RTH when this things happen (such a disconnection) ??

Thanks in advance

The RTH only works in this case when the remote control disconnects from the Mavic (not the app).

So if it happens again and you DO want it to RTH there and then, simply turn the remote off too :)

Wouldn't you just use the return to home button on the remote being the iPad disconnected. I like to still be in control once the mavic starts its descent. I've had glitches at the end where if my controller were off I'd be in trouble.
(Lost Gps at the end) so having control
Of the bird was critical.

Reactions: gremlin16
The RTH only works in this case when the remote control disconnects from the Mavic (not the app).

So if it happens again and you DO want it to RTH there and then, simply turn the remote off too :)

Surely its easier just to press the RTH button?

Reactions: Vilco
Hello everyone! I experience really bad moments the other day when i was flying my mavic and at some point on my ipad mini appeared DISCONNECTED and i couldn't see anything anymore!! Luckly the drone wasn't too far and i 've seen it within eyes sight. But one thing that really disappointed me is that didn't RTH (return TO HOME) [emoji15] the drone was still receiving my commands though and i made it land by using the remote.

Is there anything i can set to make it RTH when this things happen (such a disconnection) ??

Thanks in advance

Your IPad disconnected from your remote not the remote from the MP.
If you lose connection from the remote to the MP it should return to home.
Check your cable and make sure it's good and inserted well.

Reactions: DronleyGuy
Thank you everyone! So i'm just assuming something was wrong with the cable then! I should hold press RTH button on the remote to make it return home. Got it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078