DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic disconnected issue - Only works 1 time with each device.

FlyMore

Reactions
So got my Mavic last night and have flown a couple flights but I seem to have a serious issue. I've paired it with 3 different devices, 2 iphone 6, and a iPad mini, each time the device works fine upon its first connection and I can fly it, but every subsequent flight after that it just says disconnected after I hit the camera button in the DJI Go app. when i boot up the Mavic itself the controller vibrates so i think it senses it but i cant control it at all.

I found some old threads about this issue with the phantom, and it recommened basically clearing cache deleting app and then resetting iphone to factory defeault then restoring, I did this once, it worked... for only the first flight again. Then the **** issue reared its ugly head again... I updated firmware on 2 of the 4 initial flights.

Anyone else seen this issue? DJI is closed today so no luck there, would love to fly this over the weekend but cant without going to a crapload of trouble in resetting my device, simply deleting the app and reinstalling doesnt work.

Are you starting everything up in this order?
  • Turn on the remote controller
  • Turn on the Mavic
  • Connect the mobile device to the remote controller
  • Start DJI GO

Did you try a different lightning cable?

Do you have the same issue when using the lightning cable that came with the Mavic?

Do you have the same issue when using the lightning cable that came with the Mavic?

Yup.. same exact thing happens... its disconnected...

Also, this is completely seperate issue, but dont know if it tells you anything about the particular mavic i have, maybe its a lemon... but the farthest away ive been able to get is like 1/2 to 3/4 a mile away before I get the signal lost reached max range warning, which is a far cry from 4 miles, and im not in beginner mode and max range option wasnt checked.

How do you end up resolving this issue after seeing the disconnected message in DJI GO?

How do you end up resolving this issue after seeing the disconnected message in DJI GO?
I don't. The only way I've been able to resolve is to use a brand new device. Which only works the first time. That or erase DJI app then erase and wipe my iPhone.

So it's saying disconnected, but does it still fly and just the camera is disconnected or is it needing to be re-paired with the controller? I had that issue with my P3 last year but it was from a bad sd card. It said disconnected but flew fine. Only the camera was disconnected. I checked the sd card on my pc and it had gone out and because it still had the fw update on it, I had ended up with a partial update that went haywire like what you describe. I would see if it flies or make sure that it's not just the camera disconnect. I ended up tossing the sd card that came free with the P3...

So it's saying disconnected, but does it still fly and just the camera is disconnected or is it needing to be re-paired with the controller? I had that issue with my P3 last year but it was from a bad sd card. It said disconnected but flew fine. Only the camera was disconnected. I checked the sd card on my pc and it had gone out and because it still had the fw update on it, I had ended up with a partial update that went haywire like what you describe. I would see if it flies or make sure that it's not just the camera disconnect. I ended up tossing the sd card that came free with the P3...

Nope. I can't fly it.

BUT it works multiple times with a buddy's android device. I tried two more iOS devices and both had the same issue. It only worked the first time. So weird

Nope. I can't fly it.

BUT it works multiple times with a buddy's android device. I tried two more iOS devices and both had the same issue. It only worked the first time. So weird

Have all the iOS devices been on your iTunes account I.e. All have same apps installed? I would suggest flattening one and DO NOT restore it but set up as a new device. Then install DJI Go and try it.

If this works it may be a common app is interfering with your devices, e.g. A security app, although I find the works first time then screws up strange behaviour. Once you've tried this and it doesn't work, just reinstall device from your iTunes backup.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Reed L
I was having trouble with the new HOME app on iOS for home automation. Called Apple tech asked everywhere no where did they have a straight answer. Only resort was to try and reset the iPhone NOT FROM A BACKUP just set up as a new iPhone. Sure enough this worked.. it might be something with your apps and iCloud to be honest. iCloud seems to be buggy with settings and apps. Btw the home automation app worked 1 time after restoring my iPhone from back up but didn't work after a few minutes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom