DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic disconnected then crashed indoors. Camera gimbal error, needs fixing!!!

Reactions
I was flying my drone indoors, it disconnected and then tried to 'return home'. This meant it tried flying upwards twice whilst smashing against the ceiling and breaking a propeller (which was replaced) and damaging the camera gimbal. I took off the obstacle detection as the beeping indoors was going to get on my nerves...

My question is, will my warranty cover DJI fixing my gimbal? The drone flies fine still but the camera gimbal is damaged and shakes, the app says 'camera gimbal error'.

Any advice or suggestions appreciated.

Will

Did you have DJI Refresh? As far as advice...don't fly indoors. Contrary to what many might say, the Mavic is not designed to fly indoors. Get a little whoop for that.

Reactions: Jayfdee
Make sure your gimbal is suspended properly from those little rubber donuts.. The gimbal has to be behind the little brackets. I took mine sideways into a tree and after that crash the gimbal was terrible with errors etc and I thought it was toast but when I looked closer I had to move the base of the gimbal behind the little brackets and after that it was perfect again.. Happy camper

Did you have DJI Refresh? As far as advice...don't fly indoors. Contrary to what many might say, the Mavic is not designed to fly indoors. Get a little whoop for that.

I haven't got it the refresh, but whats stopping me from getting it out now and claiming in a couple of days? Can they tell the date of the crash I wonder?

Yea shame because flying indoors is quite easy with the sensitive control of the mavic (when it doesnt go haywire)...

Make sure your gimbal is suspended properly from those little rubber donuts.. The gimbal has to be behind the little brackets. I took mine sideways into a tree and after that crash the gimbal was terrible with errors etc and I thought it was toast but when I looked closer I had to move the base of the gimbal behind the little brackets and after that it was perfect again.. Happy camper

Thanks Wizard I'll give that a go. I didnt want to touch the gimbal too much, everything looks so delicate in their, feel like one wrong move will snap the whole thing.

I haven't got it the refresh, but whats stopping me from getting it out now and claiming in a couple of days? Can they tell the date of the crash I wonder?/QUOTE]
I haven't got it the refresh, but whats stopping me from getting it out now and claiming in a couple of days? Can they tell the date of the crash I wonder?..

Oh they know...they always know. Whoop!

I haven't got it the refresh, but whats stopping me from getting it out now and claiming in a couple of days? Can they tell the date of the crash I wonder?
The Mavic stores flight logs internally. DJI will look at those flight logs when you send your Mavic to them.

Hmm thats true. I was actually in India at the time and had travel insurance so will go down that route if it gets pricey!

Hoping I can just fix it myself though, the gimbal moves around, it just shakes and says 'error'. I reckon it just needs fixing back into place.

Yea shame because flying indoors is quite easy with the sensitive control of the mavic (when it doesnt go haywire)...
could you live wit yourself by getting dji to cover this after the fact?
anyways seems to me if dji requested flight logs of the incident then it would show it wrecked before the refresh warranty

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inecho