DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic disconnected

Dronezone

Reactions
I just did some firmware update and now my mini pad 4 keeps going blank saying disconnected but my controller is still working anyone else having this problem

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using MavicPilots mobile app

I had this happen the last time I flew, but on an android device.

I updated my FW about 2-3 weeks ago, so I am not sure if we are on the same release; however, I thought my disconnect message was due to me putting a phone ontop of the controller/other phone screen.

I thought it was really strange that I could control the bird even though it said disconnected - I brought her down quick and I mentioned this issue when it happened - somewhere in this forum.

I also had this issue twice today with android running marshmallow. Remote still worked but connection between the tablet and my controller was cut. Could not connect back, landed, turned off controller and turn back on to actually get it talking to my tablet again.

I changed USB cord and used my iPad the same thing is happening so I don't think it's the equipment it's got to be the firmware

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using MavicPilots mobile app

Same with me on a galaxy s7. It has to be the newest update. Lucky for me my mavic was about 100 yards away, on its way back to me from a mile away flight. I could see it and flew it home.

This happened to me more than once or twice before...loosing app view yet retained rc control.
It would disconnect but would I be able to still rc control mavic. After update on mavic (while viewing with note 4) I actually lost connection *control and video feed! It just hovered there 30 feet above me. I have it set to "set home on take off" point so I figured if the battery got low I would at least get it back.

Needless to say it's very disconcerting to have absolutely no control when a bird is flying 30 feet away from me with no obstructions whatsoever.

I have also been experiencing the interference bologna at initialization from the get-go since receiving my bird back in January.

The fact is I just don't trust at 100% there's always something wrong. Did not expect same issues as flying a cheaper bird for this money. In Canada the all u can eat bundle (fly more) is 2 grand!

Not a happy camper. Who has the time to chase down why the **** things disconnecting. For this money I should be able to fly it freely & confidently and continue training to become a better pilot, not return to the rudimentary necessities such as connection and rc control. Not happy to say the least. I felt as if though I may loose the darn thing now every time I fly.

*Actually lost control of bird. It just hovers. After rebooting app and just waiting, it just reconnects.

50 meter max flight height
Note 4
Mavic pro latest update
Batteris at full charge

Ps also note after update app said I'm in nfz.(no fly zone, only after update. Was fine before) This is in fact incorrect. I have made certain we are more than 9km from major airport and I am flying well bellow height restrictions allowed. I'm also not happy it gets me to sign away dji responsibility every time. What exactly did I pay for? A system that is inaccurate, diaonnects & now exonerate itself after a prevalent issue is discovered?

I sure hope they get a handle on this asap.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura