DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic drifts to right

Drone Ranger

Reactions
I have noticed, that with some regularity, my Mavic drifts off to the right, as I try to fly it directly away from me (or towards me). I tried resetting the compass, tried resetting the sticks, it doesn't appear to alter the fact that it still drifts to the right. I thought possibly interference, magnetic, or radio, or tall buildings, so I went out into the mountains, found a long flat valley with few trees, tried to go straight, but still drifted right. Anyone have this problem, or can suggest anything I can try to correct this? Thanks

Have you done an IMU calibration as well? That helped when I was having this problem.

Anyone have this problem
I ran into the same problem as you described in the summer.
But after calibrating the compass on the Mavic, no issues ever since.

Anyone have this problem

Yeah, I did, on my second Mavic (which was a warranty replacement) :(

I took mine to a (empty) car park, pointed the camera straight downwards and tried to fly up and down over the painted white lines.

Spent twenty minutes doing this, did an entire battery, nothing would make it fly straight.

I returned it the next day :(

Am now on my third - thankfully no issues now!

Ok, thanks everyone. Like Ping^Spike, mine is also a warranty replacement. That makes me wonder. I tried the compass and controller recalibration, but not the IMU, I'll see if I can get that done this weekend, weather permitting.

Reactions: adam.doona
Update. I tried the recalibration of my Controller, Compass, and the IMU . Did not fix the drift at all, Called DJI Support. Got hung up on after waiting for 15minutes. Tried online support, they said to send it back. Maybe 3rd times a charm?

Update. I tried the recalibration of my Controller, Compass, and the IMU . Did not fix the drift at all, Called DJI Support. Got hung up on after waiting for 15minutes. Tried online support, they said to send it back. Maybe 3rd times a charm?
If you still on warranty - its better to send it to DJI. I hope you ll be good

UPDATE I returned mine to DJI, under the warranty. This is my third return, since new. They kept it ONE day, returned it with no other information, than it was "repaired" When I got my package, I have a new, or at least, another remote controller, and what appears to be another MAVIC, even though it has my old serial number on it. Due wo wind/temperature conditions, I only gave it a very short flight, but so far, so good. Fingers crossed

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov