DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Exposure Problems

RC5728

Reactions
It seems like the Mavic only has two brightness levels... extremely dark or extremely bright.

How do you guys deal with this problem?

Is there a way to lock the brightness so it doesn't go nuts when I pan the gimbal up or down?

When I pan the gimbal straight down (looking down at the ground) the picture is extremely dark.

Is this just happening with the Mavic, or was it something in a firmware update?

I never had exposure problems with my P3 Pro or P4.

I pan the camera every flight and have no exposure problems either on manual or the much fewer times i use auto.

Reactions: Vilco and 4wd
Is this just happening with the Mavic, or was it something in a firmware update?

I never had exposure problems with my P3 Pro or P4.

I never had this problem before, updated to .900 and now my exposure seems to have 2 settings. Dark and Light. No hope going back to .800 it still does the same thing... Wish i had not updated. Any help on this from someone would be appreciated...maybe something that can be adjusted in the settings?

Yes, I've got some problems too here. I'm testing the ND filters and setting shutter speed in manual mode but the Mavis tries to compensate the exposure because in manual mode I can't lock the exposure.....can you help me with this? expecially moving camera, it changes exposure during the flight and you can have a footage with different light during the same flight
thank you

Yes, I've got some problems too here. I'm testing the ND filters and setting shutter speed in manual mode but the Mavis tries to compensate the exposure because in manual mode I can't lock the exposure.....can you help me with this? expecially moving camera, it changes exposure during the flight and you can have a footage with different light during the same flight
thank you

I had the same exact issue and was wondering the same thing! I was flying yesterday and wasn't able to lock the exposure in manual mode. Is there any way to control the exposure from automatically adjusting? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP OUT WITH THIS PROBLEM? thanks!

Manual exposure IS locking the exposure. You set the shutterspeed and ISO, the aperture is fixed so the exposure IS locked. It doesn't automatically adjust or anything. Thats why whenever the ambient light changes by movement, clouds, angle of sun and so on the brightness of the image changes. That's whats supposed to happen. Manual means its not trying to constantly adjust exposure based on varying light.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
But during the fly I can clearly see exposure going up or down related to the shutter speed.... I can't understand

Because the ambient light level changes with sun angle, clouds, reflection of surface and so on. Its not the exposure changing - its the available light. And youve told the camera not to adjust for those changes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21