Join Us Now

Mavic FCC Files true Rr power output

How far do you usually fly?

• Under 5000 feet

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Over 5000 feet

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
I would have never guessed it had that much power. It's kinda amazing. It does explain how such far distances are achieved

I thought that the FCC has power limitation rules. What's cool is there is no rule that makes you stick to a certain milliwatts.
Who would have thought the mavic has 1WATT of power ... Yea boy that's what I am talking about.

One tip to newer guys out there. Just think of your drone and controller as a set of ears. So let's say you have 100 people in a big big room. All 100 people are talking at the same time. Do you think you can hear the guy in the very back of the room talking ?

Now ask all 100'people to be quiet . You will notice that you can now understand what the guy in the back of the room is saying.
1. Turn off all noise coming from your phone. Bluetooth wifi calls Ext.and radio traffic near your controller.

2. Stay away from homes and buildings. First for safety but 2 nd for range. If you watch videos of range tests you might notice that they loose signal at the far end of there range . They happen to get close to a home or building and boom All 2.4 and its harmonics noise will reduce your range.

3. K Level..
To sum this up check the k value . Our atmosphere gives off all kinds of stuff that reduces range. Download an app or check the k value online before you fly.

4. Use the narrow bands at the upper end if the 2.4 spectrum. It has a bit more power than the others. Also narrow bands can travel much much further than wide bands.

5. Always plan your flights . Take in consideration of wind on the way there and the way back. Be safe. Don't forget the battery on all our Rx stuff may explode upon a high impact. So if your flying over a building and you loose power it could drop like a rock on a roof. Then a fire could start. It could damage more than you ever imagined. If we all use common sense we should be ok.just remember all the rules we have is because one guy messed it up for the rest of us.

Last edited:
Personally I don't pay attention to K value, If its nice weather and its not raining I fly. I've apparently flew when the K values were high and didn't notice any difference.

K value has the sum total of zero effect on close range microwave links to control the mavic. None at all.

And narrow bands are (i) lacking in bandwidth needed so less throughput along with (ii) are more prone to interference than spread spectrum transmissions so that bit is totally incorrect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929